Ignore List Update - 7/28/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 28, 2015.

1. My memory might be a bit lacking, but isn't EmpireMinecraft the account used to send voting rewards? If so, one could potentially stop themselves from receiving those rewards, so better be careful.:p
  2. Although I'd love to, I'm at a cousin's house right now and I don't have my computer. :(
  3. I was awake for the update. I am a west coaster and a night owl! =_= There was a message when you logged back in saying that the ignore lists had to be wiped for the update. Now the one person that was on mine that I can't even remember can harass me once more! ;)

-EDIT- I've noticed that the alert about the ignore list is still there for everyone to see, derp.
  4. For anyone wondering, /ignore does NOT work for staff members....
    Just in case you were planning to ignore us =P

Great update Aikar. Thanks for filling my requests quickly =)
  5. We still have this method:
  6. Now time to fix the shop's teleport messages, right?
    Matthew94544, boozle628 and PenguinDJ like this.
  7. NOOO!!!! my 41 player long ignore list took 6 months. Time to start from square one. Actually already got the first four squares back on there lol.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  8. I read the title as "Ignore last update..." I was thinking, "Good job Aikar." I think that would be the first time that happened in EMC history. =P
    607, Ultimamaxx and PenguinDJ like this.
  9. I missed the update that the /ignore list was wiped, and within 30 seconds of my logging in, the one person I've blocked sent me a PM. Confusion reigned.
  10. why did you ignore so many people lol
  11. Well that is pretty simple, I didn't want to hear them :) instead of instigating a confrontation I just /ignore. Its something a lot of players should utilize. If someone is always irritating or rude and you don't want to deal with it, this is a quick and simple solution that only requites 7 keystrokes.
    GoodnightSmith likes this.
  12. umm can't you just work it out or do people really like bother you that bad to the point you need to use /ignore just curios not trying to be rude
    607 likes this.
  13. Finally!
  14. There are some people that are not worth talking to. Others feel that instigating drama is just good fun to them. some feel like spamming constantly or talk about things that I don't want to hear. When I play I want to enjoy my experience, not be the resident psychiatrist and try to fix everyone. :p

I don't see /ignore as being something extreme to do. If I don't like what you have to say and you keep saying it over and over or you are just generally a rude person I'm not going to be like, oh well im gonna /report you. I'm too old for the sibling rivalry contest of who can get mom and dad more upset at one another. If I don't like you, that's fine. You keep playing the way you want and I will keep playing the way I want. There is no reason to feel that you have to impose your will on other people. /ignore if people would actually use it, would save staff SOOO MUCH TIME!

Edit: STOP RESETTING MY IGNORE LIST! lol. I have to immediately ignore 4 people that play on my server the same time I do every time XD that said, I'm back down to only 5 people on my ignore list. lol
    GoodnightSmith and PenguinDJ like this.
  15. is not this the first time that the ignore lists have been reset?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. 2nd. I accidently a bad sql query once.
    607, Matthew94544, Gawadrolt and 2 others like this.
  17. I had to add them three times in the past three or four days so... I'm pretty sure it was at least three :-P
  18. Err oops... I see a bug. will fix
    607 likes this.
  19. *facepalm* lol