If you are killed by another player and report, do you get the items you lost back?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by admatha, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Sorry you were killed by another player. If you send the screenshots you have to me via a PM I will take a look. Unfortunately we don't replaced lost items without proof that they were lost. This is because if we did replace lost items a few player would claim "I lost all my promos, my god armor, and 1,000,000 rupees" or even "i lost like 9999 stacks of diamond blocks" I know they were only joking

2. ... Yes Davie I saw the gray text.
  3. If you were killed, instead of complaining about the items tell the moderaters and they will ban the person.

Or, if you prefer, you could blackmail the person with images of your death and say if they don't pay you a wealthy sum of money every week then they will be reported and banned :)
  4. Pretttttttty sure that's illegal.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. But I did lose 9999 stacks of diamond blocks :(
    Ethy202 and mba2012 like this.
  6. I remember when you indirectly killed me.
  7. Psssh... Senior staff, you can just conjure up new ones. :-p
    jacob5089 and princebee like this.
  8. But is what I said illegal? I can't really find anything against it.... Sure, it's blackmail, but they earned it. It's like blackmailing someone because they broke into your house. They did the crime, and now they pay the price.
  9. Blackmail is illegal, no matter what. Much like shooting people should be, but it isn't...
  10. I'll weigh in on this, if I find out someone is doing this I will ban both of you.

11. ^ On my desk.

Uhm... :rolleyes:
  12. Okay, thought this thread would die so haven't looked at the forums in a few days.

First, xI_LIKE_A_PIGx, thank you for your generosity, I really really appreciate it. However, I have paid it back to you - I prefer not to accept gifts from other players for a few reasons. First, because it encourages people to make up stories, as mentioned. Also I can't stand people begging for things they're perfectly capable of finding or earning themselves! Second, because I am fairly new to the server but also fairly new to Minecraft, and I prefer to play... I'm not sure how to explain it but basically without help, so that I can enjoy the feeling of accomplishment - to be honest I didn't even notice I had them - I've only used a handful of rupees and not gone out of my way to earn or spend them yet!

Second, to those suggesting I made this thread to beg - I didn't. You'll note I turned down offers twice, and to make sure it's clear, I took a screenshot of returning the 5k rupees to xI_LIKE_A_PIGx which you can find here.

Third - thanks to those of you who defended me. The only thread I could find when I searched for the answer to my question never received an answer, and as I stated before I only asked to see if I should make myself some replacement armor or not - at the time of the question I hadn't started a farm yet and so had no leather, but did have a handful of diamonds and iron that I was still new enough that I wasn't yet sure how fast I could recoup. After getting the answer of 'no' I immediately used what I had and headed back out to mine some more, and now five days later I have more than recovered what I used, have started a small farm, and am happily working on the first 'big' residence I've ever tried in Minecraft. Also I think I may possibly have the world's largest collection of dirt.

Fourth and finally, I do want to make it clear that despite the early experience with being killed and the suggestions that I'm looking for handouts, I am really enjoying this server, which is my first experience with multiplayer in minecraft. I don't talk much, but I enjoy the background noise, and looking at other people's residences (okay sometimes - sometimes I just get depressed and slink back to my "it doesn't look as pretty and impressive as before I looked at those other ones" hovel!) and I enjoy how, for the most part, the tone always remains civil, and capslock/spam free, thanks to people keeping on top of it on the occasions it happens.
  13. Please, just wait for other threads. There will be some people who bump year-old threads :)

Things like this is why I prefer new players over old ones. :rolleyes:

(see above)

Apparently you haven't seen my second res. :p

Glad you like the server :) Most of the members are happy to help other members like you get back on their feet. All you have to do is ask :)
  14. Darn, its a real shame. Blackmailing is a great business when it doesn't punish you. Oh well, I guess I have to come up with a new business scheme.
    5chris100 likes this.
  15. I am pretty sure you just made it onto some form of list lol.
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. The NSEmpire watch list.
  17. Lol, so Aikar killed my profits on my promo fireworks.. I can has cheeseburger..? :p
    margaritte and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  18. The NSE... >.>
    RainbowChin likes this.
  19. *makes wiki page*
    (in case you didn't guess, /jk)
    Olaf_C and mba2012 like this.
  20. The NSE is a top secret EMC organisation run out of 4005 on smp2...
    AlexChance, Olaf_C and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.