Ideas for the PVP server.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Mrlegitislegit, Aug 10, 2012.

1. there are other posts about that around, check empire news for official post.
  2. A hunger games style match is def not out of the question. We want to focus on match style games (not 1 long SMP like world that simply has PVP enabled)

These are more fun oriented, and more balanced, in that people cant become too powerful for new players to not have any chance against.

This also keeps the action high. With how we will be designing these, there will always be some action (or else you will be deadweight, and if that becomes a problem we will implement systems to remove deadweights)

Right now I have a super solid gameplay design in place for our first PVP servers. Once we get these launched, steady, fine tuned (aka learn things and get it perfect), then we will look into other ideas for PVP servers like hunger games too.

EMC wants to be unique, and the design I have created now will be unique to EMC. We don't want to start with Hunger Games style, as everyone else has already done this... But once we establish ourselves with PVP, we can open up more game types for players to choose from.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  3. This is the reason why I don't go onto PvP servers. The last time I went on one 5 people where decked out in diamond armour and had a diamond sword and they were killing the players who went into the world. A moderator was also cheering them on and then was saying donate to the server or else he'd ban you. I heard nobody plays on that server anymore apart from the campers and they all killed eachother.
  4. I play on that ALL THE TIME
  5. this is going to be a lot harder than im thinking it will be but ill just throw this out there.
    maybe you could change the game type of the server from week to week or month to month such as faction pvp one week and then DayZ for the next. i know in my head this is easy peasy but will be very hard to do again just a suggestion if you don't like my idea keep it to yourself.
  6. Off topic
    What about Empire Minecraft?
    nfell2009 likes this.
  7. I'd say we get to buy a "class". What I mean is like on MCCTF (zombieslayer101 and Terminator908 may know the server) They have different classes... Classes shouldn't be monthly. They should be forever... Feedback?
  8. cool idea, maybe supporters get free custom classes?
  9. Indeed, but not iron xD
  10. well depends, because maybe diamond gets best then gold then iron get some because they do help the server (a little bit)
  11. We SHOULD do camping. Its your fault if you die :p

Now here are the Classes MCCTF has...

Free classes: Medic, archer, Heavy, Soldier

Preminum Classes: Ninja, Engineer, Pyro, Chemist, Dwarf, and 1 more.. I forgot!
    nfell2009 likes this.
  12. Maybe let EMC make some classes?

Free:
    Iron:
    Gold:
    Supporter:
  13. There :)
    nfell2009 likes this.
  14. My fault if I die, when you're camping the spawn with swords and armour and I have nothing? That's disgusting.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  15. Do you have proof of IcecreamCow or Jeremy stating " Yes there will be an EMC PvP server." ?
  16. No, but we have proof of Aikar stating that. Also, JustinGuy done a poll on 'Do you want an EMC PvP server or not?' and it was 50/50.
  17. Yes I know I am not alone here when I say that I think hunger games is one of the worst types of pvp. Capture the flag is a lot more fun and enjoyable in my opinion.
  18. I saw Terminator and his lil' brother Slayer enjoying getting Capture the flag even when they got spawn camped.

I'D SAY NO TO HG AND HARDCORE PvP!!