Idea to store items that disappeared through lava to a chest at spawn with the owners name on it.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Buildershed, Jan 26, 2018.

?

How often do you die of lava.

Very Often 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Often 3 vote(s) 20.0%
Uncommon 1 vote(s) 6.7%
Rare 4 vote(s) 26.7%
Occasionally 3 vote(s) 20.0%
Doesn't die of lava 4 vote(s) 26.7%
  1. One problem some people on the server have is dying through lava.
    It's a nooby thing to do in Minecraft but I have an idea to help players with the problem of dying of lava and always forgetting fire resistance!

My idea is that if the player dies outside of 250 Blocks from the outpost or by lava, their items will be transferred to a chest at spawn with their name on it. The will need a key to open it, keys can be bought for 1000 Ruppies or be given once a year( given every month for iron supporters, every week for gold supporters, and full access for Diamond supporters.)

This can stop rage quitting(no joke). When the player gets his items, he will receive a message telling him to have fire resistance if he died of lava.
  2. Even though we play an 'altered' version of Minecraft I think it kinda takes away the whole survival aspect of the server, if you go into the nether you need to be aware of the risks that it has like netherhounds or ghasts etc.

-1 from me
    607, MrClydeBarrow and _Devuu__ like this.
  3. -1 because this is too much of an advantage in my opinion and people need to learn from their mistakes. I was collecting obsidian once and got trapped by the water flow in lava. Each time I mined the block above me, the water made a new one, so of course I died in the lava. I was carrying a labor bench too😕
    607 and _Devuu__ like this.
  4. once you do this for the nether people are going to argue you would also have to implement this for the waste and frontier which in my opinion would be bad and would make this server pointless to play. a player only gets better at something by trying over and over and even better and attempt to get better when they put the time and effort into crafting the items they need that they continuously loose. a good fix if you dont want to keep going that rout would be to go to the auctions on the forums and buy voters armor and tools if you dont have yours from voteing
  5. Sorry but I also have to go -1 on this. It takes away the gaming element. If you don't want to die because of lava then either avoid it or bring fire resistance potions.

What's worse than dying in lava? Dying in lava with 2 filled shulker boxes in your inventory :(

And then drinking a strength potion while thinking you have a fire resist potion. I almost rage quitted that evening :)

But it's all part of the game. In the mean time I managed to undo the damage and when looking back I can also laugh about it. At least I no longer pick my potions solely based on color these days. :D
    Tuqueque and 607 like this.