[Idea] Stone Slab Wand

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Unoski, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The only reason I bring this up is because
    1. They are downright beautiful
    2. Aikar almost made it possible to achieve double stone slabs when smooth stone slabs were added temporarily.
    We have been waiting for "that time" for quite a while now. Don't you want a feature that makes a ton of people happy now instead of later? Besides, even if Mojang adds this, we will have to replace all the stone slabs which is a hassle.
    The only flaw I see is unwillingness to put this as top priority. :p
    I guess I will...
  2. If a smooth stone slab block were to be in vanilla Minecraft, that would be pretty cool :p While it isn't possible just yet, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this... :rolleyes:
    StoneSlabGod likes this.
  3. You can set blocks without WorldEdit. The block still exists in 1.8 and can still be done. Proof of concept:

Done purely in Skript, so it can be done in Java. I'm just too lazy to do it.
    Code:
    on left click with blaze rod:
      if id of event-block is 43:
        cancel event
        set event-block to upside-down double stone slab item

EDIT: Done on my 1.8.7 Spigot testing server:
    CadenMann, SoulPunisher and fBuilderS like this.
  4. I'll tell you right now that THIS is not anywhere near the top of the priority list. I'm sorry if that makes you upset, but at the moment Aikar is Bug Fixing, then moving along to Anti-griefing.

If we were to drop everything to make a non-vanilla block obtainable immediately, i don't think many players would be so ecstatic about your suggestion.

All I can say is patience. I'll table this suggestion for discussion AFTER more pressing matters are attended to. Locked and added to the archives.
    ShelLuser and FoxyRavenger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.