IDEA: Create EMC On Tekkit

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by warlockmii, Jun 6, 2012.

1. I have my own Tekkit server (I host) with about 25 members who regularly play on it BUT its not Tekkit 2.0 its an older one, the only problem I have is not having a simple residence thing like the /claim (atm I have to make a plot for him with world guard)
  2. I'd think they'd want their own mods if it is an EMC server. There is a cool tekkit server that even some EMCers play on, but it is against EMC rules to post the info publicly.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  3. any tekkit server i join i get banned :)
  4. ;)
  5. While Tekkit does look very awesome, I don't think Justin will be just passing out the source code to anyone, and I highly doubt Justin would ever want to implement it himself.

Though, since Tekkit is based on Bukkit, it might wouldn't need much work to get going, but I doubt it would happen.
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  6. I really hope this goes ahead, I will be willing to cover the mods if they want to help our server. @JustinGuy and the mods; Please remember, if this happens we will give full credit to emc. And all the emc Mods, Admin(s) and Owner(s) will be in the same positions on our server. Example: IcecreamCow will be an Admin and Green_Mystery will be a Mod.
  7. We will be using MCEdit aswell hopefully, so no crappy worlds :).
  8. there will be no way of moving items between tekkit and minecraft worlds, due to some dupe bugs, but, if people want this to be able to happen, we will have rules on expensive resources (so red matter dupes will be useless) also, this server will be mainly for fun, but will apply with the 10 commandments
  9. er.... warlock, this isn't going to happen. Its been a week now and no-one has actually given a "Good idea" or "Bad Idea" reply. Plus, no-one has given out any coding. We might aswell just give up. :|

GIVE IT UP, WARLOCK! WE'LL NEVER GET THE CODE :(
  10. Did you actually except to get it?
    Nole972_2 likes this.
  11. i rage quit
  12. Just to let you Tekkit fans know. I'm starting up a Tekkit server. Don't advertise other servers. - Removed
    Any questions or suggestions just let me know.
    This will be running on private dedicated servers by the end of the month!
  13. Why you advertise? Really why would anyone want to play on the server of someone who can't follow simple rules?
  14. Jesus its like hitler. I am starting a server. I think some community members would be interested (hence this thread). I give them my input.
  15. However, in the process you're breaking EMC rules.
  16. Jesus Hitler sounds cool. There are rules to be followed. I've posted in here saying there is a tekkit server that some of the members of emc play/played on. Did I post the link to it? No I didn't. Some of the people did private message me about it, and I indulged them.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  17. Don't come on my server if you don't want to. My input fits the thread. I draw the line at creating a whole post about my wonderful new server that everyone must join. This is just going out to 7-8 players that are looking to keep their friends from EMC and play on a Tekkit server.
  18. Good luck with that then, still breaking the rules.
  19. thanks :D

U know, I respect the rules and abide as far as I can. But there are a few individual cases that I have to bend the rules a little...just so I can keep living on the edge :p