IDEA: Create EMC On Tekkit

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by warlockmii, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Don't break or bend the rules, I advise that you stop talking about your server because everyone knows that if you break the rules, you cannot create anything decent, I learn't that lesson
  2. So, I've been running a Tekkit server of my own to try it out and toy with the idea of even the FEASABILITY of running an EMC sized Tekkit server, and sorry guys, it's not going to work...

Tekkit uses a ton of resources..

Code:
    minecraft@eternia:~/tserver$ psf java
    USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND
    1013 25180 7.1 25.5 1619592 1038652 pts/2 Sl+ Jun12 211:17 \_ java -d64 -Xincgc -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    1013 624 50.5 10.2 1439368 416608 pts/1 Sl+ Jun13 845:37 \_ java -d64 -Xincgc -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

You can see my Tekkit has been running for a day less than plain CB mostly, but used 4x as much CPU.

Bukkit Plugins:
    Tekkit Plugins:
    What does this mean? The lag for a server of EMC size and configuration would be horrible. This is a server without ANY of EMC's custom stuff on top of it.... When you add in EMC level functionality, the server will simply never be able to get bigger than like 5-10 people max, and even then your looking at a BEEFY server to be able to maintain that.

I only have like 3-5 people (and only 3 are active) on my Tekkit server, in a very few # of chunks area (maybe 2-3 chunks at max?) and im seeing 50% CPU with ZERO players on.

We had World Anchors, which forcefully loads chunks even when noones on, and I was seeing 70% CPU with no players on.

Now, imagine EMC style gameplay, where people are spread out, everyones making their OWN powerstations and not sharing power...

You'll be paying 300-500$/mo for a 10 man server to make an EMC style Tekkit server.

It would of been nice I agree, which is why I investigated the feasibility of doing an official EMC server for Justin (as the idea of a specialty server for supporters), just this amount of resource usage.... It's just not going to work.
  3. I know a tekkit servers that can have +40 people on at a time without much lag. A friend hosted one on his own computer and we had around 10 people on it without any real lag.
  4. The largest ive seen is OwnedCraft with an average of 30 people on. Ive taken my server and it laggs out at 20 so I capped it at 14
  5. Not to mention, its confusing.
  6. I know a 80 slot tekkit server that normally has 40-60 people on it.
  7. i quit this thread. If you guys wanted this, then you should of just said "I want this", or "Good Idea". But NO, so if u wanted this its not gonna happen

. achievement.1.png
  8. I'm pretty sure if they end up wanting to do a tekkit server, they really don't need you.
  9. so yeah smooch told me he also knows of a big server... I dont know what is wrong with mine...

if anyone is good with stuff you can download a backup of my server here:

http://aikar.co/tekkit.zip (54MB)

and figure out why it uses so much dang cpu...
  10. Maybe they are just better hosts?
    That traitorous Smooch has been playing on "that" tekkit server a lot from what I've heard...
  11. I say know only because there are duplication glitches and there is the condenser... so no thanks o and the swiftwolf ring = people flying around = WTF NOT LEGIT

EMC = LEGIT
  12. Dupe glitches easily fixed, EE disabled on most big tekkit servers, I know of a tekkit server you applied to and got denied( not going to say why). So does that mean you're not legit?
  13. Jesus Hitler? You dumbfound me.
  14. Why else did you think he disliked jews? He wanted payback. Also I'm sorry you're dumb.
  15. This post is going off the point. The point was to find out if any 1 wanted emc on tekkit, now every 1 is talking about Jesus Hitler... Jesus hitler.png

Attached Files: