I now identify as an attack helicopter.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kephras, May 11, 2017.

1. ...if I wanted, I could still give it a tiger-stripe paint scheme. I like the black & silver better though.

I've had my eye on Besiege for a long time, but I finally caught it on sale and installed a few weeks ago, and fluffin' hell is it ever fun! Started with your basic wooden death-machines, but "wood" is both flammable and vulnerable to attack. Plus, it's harder for those little knights to hit you when you're in the air. The assault copter there is so far my best creation, but I'm already working on an even better version.

I also have plans for a mechanical tiger, but walkers are hard to make. :(
    607, NuclearBobomb, ChumMiner and 3 others like this.
  2. I suck at making stable flying machines. I've gotten down the handling of multi carriage explosive chambers with interchangeable settings but when it comes to attaching that to a flight machine, its all too heavy no matter how many propeller I add.
    607 and Kephras like this.
  3. Flight is really tricky, but there are a few ways to handle stability. I'm off to work now (yay 3rd shift) but if you want to link a few of your attempts via dropbox or something, I'd be happy to have a look at them :)
    Two things to keep in mind:
    -Center of mass is really important with aircraft, be they planes or copters.
    -Building with ballast balls and struts is a great way to save weight and improve durability. And they don't burn, either.
    607 likes this.
  4. I like Besiege, it's a great game. For some reason I never truly got into it though.
  5. Now wait a minute here...

So... On one end we have a b0rk Mojang authentication server. On the other end is our own Kephras' attack helicopter.

Keph, what the heck have you been shooting at lately? :D

(I soooo couldn't resist this ;))
    607 and Kephras like this.
  6. That looks like an interesting game there, it reminds me of Empire Earth, but sounds like you can actually build your vehicles? That would be cool. I plan to look further into this game, but wanted to comment on your Tiger Stripe Chopper comment, which reminded me of this : http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/88/tigerfly/

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    607 likes this.
  7. Outside of the pure joy of building, it's a little light on content. I've beaten all the available stages so many times I've lost count, but I'm still trying to come up with a machine that can tackle all of them in one go. The chopper up there can do everything except the Frozen Path on Valfross. Damn wind. :(

Sheep, yaks, yaks with bombs on their backs, and castles. The knights I just bomb, not sure if that counts as "shooting."
    None of my death machines have unleashed a blast radius big enough to hit Mojang. Though this may be a likely culprit...

I remember that! My parents weren't big on getting me action figures though - which is fine, Lego was more my deal anyway. As for Besiege, grab it when you can, they'll raise the price once the new update goes live (Q3 2017). They're adding a multiplayer component, apparently.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  8. You know, you could post that chopper to the Steam workshop, lots of people may like it.
    Kephras likes this.
  9. Maybe, but I was hoping to finish the Mk III version before tossing my hat in that particular ring. Inspiration died on me and I haven't been able to build a better version since posting this...
    607 and Shadow_Dcord like this.