I Need Your Help! What makes you go to Grand Openings!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sefl, Nov 22, 2019.

?

Ever Been to a Grand Opening

Yes 2 vote(s) 33.3%
No 3 vote(s) 50.0%
I wish I could've gone to more 1 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. So as many of you know (or don't know) I run a small business buying, selling, and trading Sports Cards (Baseball, Football, Basketball, and NASCAR mainly) However I do this mainly at Flea Markets and Card Shows and recently on my own website I just launched this past weekend. I'm currently working on getting a physical store! I've got an opportunity for one in about 4-6 months and I wanted to get opinions on what to do to draw people in!

For now I'm focusing on "Opening Day" (the grand opening) as of right now the big option is having a family friend who plays in the NFL (and is a local person) show up and maybe sign autographs and get photos taken. I plan on creating a poll once I get more ideas rolling in!

• Local Athlete / Celebrity
    • Playing Video Games (Madden / NBA2k / MLB the show)
    • Door Prizes
    • Discounts
    These are the ideas I've brain stormed with myself and a couple others already
    So my question to you! - What draws you into the Grand Opening of a store!
    MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  2. Website where!
  3. Six months and Baseballs here... If it doesn't cost you much perhaps Hot Dog days... Buy a card get a dog..

I wouldn't roll out the celebrity visit for a grand opening. People would only be there for the autographs and not the cards...(That's my take on having celebrities at events)

Also, the location of the store is a big part of things. You need heavy foot traffic like Malls. If people have to drive to a back lot building with nothing else around just to shop at your place then it's a bad spot.

1) Guess the amount raffles (like how many M&Ms are in this jar or Marbles or golf balls)
    2) Paid Ticket raffles ( Items usually that have a high value like a TV, Golf Clubs, ect.. Something over a 1-2 hundred dollars so it doesn't look like you're trying to make money off the raffle)
    3) Sport Tickets for door prizes.
    607 and Sefl like this.
  4. Wow, that's scary!
    Take care. :)
    Tower's ideas sound good. Personally, I probably wouldn't ever go to a grand opening there, as I'd rather go when there are less people around. ;)
    Sefl likes this.
  5. PM me the website if you don't mind.

For me, going to grand openings means getting free stuff just for showing interest and getting never-to-see-again deals. For example, a pet store near my house was opening up and they offered these coupons that were "Get any 1 Free Pet Food Bag with $10+ purchase of anything in the store." Plus, the other items were on 35% off grand opening sale. It was great. Never saw a line to get into a pet store before.
    Sefl likes this.
  6. Same!
    Please pm me the website address
    Sefl likes this.