I need help with my Shop/Farm thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KatydidBuild, May 7, 2022.

1. I have had some irl stuff that has affected my online time on Emc. I also have a number of projects that need finished.

The Shop/Mall Directory was pretty easy to get started and is super useful, but it has grown into a beast. Time to trim it down into 2 threads. One for shops and one for resource farms. This will help it be more manageable and less time consuming.

If anyone would like to take over the Shop/Mall list, please think about it and holler at me.

Meanwhile I am figuring how to diverge the 2. Hoping staff can change a title on the thread so we don't lose anyone who has bookmarked it. And would like to keep the links to other pages going as well.

Katy.
    607 likes this.
  2. FadedMartian and KatydidBuild like this.
  3. Hm? Staff can change thread titles, you just need to report the OP and ask for it. You obviously can't make a single bookmark lead to two different threads, though. :p But you could put the link to the new thread noticeably in the OP of the first thread, for the purpose.

Have you found anyone interested in taking over the shop list, yet? :)
  4. I always thought we should bring back Azoundria’s website. Super useful and can be moderated by community.
    607 likes this.
  5. even when updated by the community it was still frequently out of date
  6. I suspected that staff intervention was the only way to change the Title of a Post. Thanks for confirming that 607.

@Unoski -- Azoundria's website is still active and the link is available. The shop-finder mod by Gieselbear was an automatic application for updating prices, despite being so fantastic the mod has not updated since 1.12 and there are no current plans for it to be updated. Azoundria's website requires interaction on the part of buyers and sellers, so it is more time intensive. Also, last I checked you still cannot buy/sell enchanted books or spawn eggs from Azoundria shops. Updates to all the Azoundria shops are still waiting since 1.16 update.

The shop list is simply a tool that helps those searching for active shops to know where to look. Azoundria's website gives prices, but no indication of whether the player is current or derelict, as some prices entered are from years ago and to shops that no longer exist. The shop list is a manually entered list and when player shops are derelict, the listing is removed. This is slightly labor-intensive but is low-tech useful for players who need shops.

I have come to the point where I have too many things going on, both in game and in irl, so I have asked the community for help. The full list is too cumbersome to manage and view -- so it needs split in two. This is the best opportunity for someone to take over half of the list and is why I made this post. There are other lists out there, owner's of rare promos (where promos ended up), the free list, the promo thread, the staff signature thread, the promo shop list, to name but a few. About to add the Farm and Resources Guide for directions to public farms of all types. It is a wonderful thing to have these lists out there and the players devoted time to them are doing it out of love for their community.
    607 likes this.