I finally did it O_o

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jewel_king, Mar 13, 2018.

1. After a Long time of trying i Finally beat the 2016 stair way to heaven

But unfortunetly...

i was expecting this but hey i could hope :p

If you Would like to try for yourself the parkour is located at /v bday2016 on utopia

Thanks to SUPERI0N for giving me some parkour tips :)

Krysyy you are very good at making hard parkour xD
  2. Was the prize a special Krysyy head?
  3. The prize was gone already, but the first player to beat it got a Yellow Krysyyjane head

i think i was the 2nd one?
  4. I remember I was trying this and rage quit when I was doing this with you but congrats for doing it :)
  5. Kudo's and mucho respect to you for managing to finish this. Ha ha ha, I still remember this one... I can well imagine that some players ended up seriously frustrated but I hope they can also admit that when looking back it was soo funny.

For the newer players: This was an invisible parkour. And it may not come as a surprise to you but there are some really good parkour players on the Empire. SO once this event was set into motion many (yours truly included) gave this a try but didn't succeed. But a small group of die hards continued and persisted.

What this means: I clearly remember logging off on Utopia for the first night, logging back on the next day and for sure: immediately got a few greetings and noticed some chat going on. A quick /c l, /c who showed me that there were still several players busy trying this parkour. It's as if they never stopped playing. This continued the next day, and the day after, and the whole week thereafer. And the week after that.

This parkour was by far the longest running parkour event that I am aware off (note: I don't attend events that often). This ran for several weeks before there was a winner.

So yeah, just a bit of context to explain / demonstrate how impressive this is!

Now... I'm going to rummage through some of my stuff in a moment and sent you some nice trinkets jewel_king. Don't expect spectacular stuff, but I think this deserves a nice prize of some sort. I'll think of something :)
  6. What's all the glowstone about?
  7. It's there for me.

EDIT: woot woot, elite member!
    Sydney4363 likes this.
  8. When the first player beat it all barrier blocks were turned to glowstone
    All iron blocks were originaly barrier blocks but were turned to iron blocks Before the event ended
    yeah i remember when i came out to, it was Very frustrating xD
    they even ran out of straight jackets! (joke from the event :p)

Awww thanks dont send anything to much though!
  9. Actually they weren't all changed to glowstone until very recently in the early months of 2018, due to some incessant poking by Rhy :p

Congrats though! Even when visible, this parkour is not easy. ;)
  10. Thanks! yeah it took forever xD
    i can't wait for the next one :)
  11. Grats Jewel_King

This is a great accomplishment that I remember my son working diligently on for months it seemed. I personally, gave it a few stabs, but don't care for jump quest per se'. When playing another side scrolling game which required jump quests to obtain certain items, or to level up your char, I remember saying...."If I wanted to play a jump quest game...I would just go play Mario", but yea, I do remember practicing in the lobby more than actually doing the parkour, cause those 4 block jumps are cruel even when you know what your up against. This was said to show my heart-felt appreciation for your accomplishment, which I genuinely applaud. :)

Great Event Kryssy to have this much staying power, I am sure another is sought. Ever consider doing a huge maze with maybe red-stone activated doorways one must solve puzzles to proceed? I guess what I am saying is something of this caliber for those of us that are not jumpers at heart, but say prefer a good sudoku vs. a crossword puzzle kind of comparison.

I also wanted to comment on your determination Jewel_King, beyond the monumental achievement of actually making it to the top. I recognize your perseverance and never say die mentality. Thomas Edison failed over 3,000 times before he got the light bulb to work. I hope this success has been as enlightening to you as his discovery back then.

Kudos

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    TomvanWijnen, _Devuu__ and 607 like this.
  12. Thanks!
    yeah those 4 block jumps are hard
    at first getting past green (the spot with a ton of 4 blocks)
    was super hard especialy at first
  13. Nice. :p

So was anything else changed, besides all blocks being made visible, and the start being moved to the first milestone?
  14. the start was changed to lime awhile back i think
    i dont think anything else was changed
    607 likes this.
  15. What would you do if u failed the last jump?

Congrats :p
  16. well the last jump is pretty easy lol but if i did i would likely have face palmed a lot :p
    Theomglover, SUPERI0N and 607 like this.
  17. Congratulations jewel_king, I'm glad to see that someone else managed to beat this monstrous parkour. :)
    Glad to help. If you should ever need some more assistance, just let me know. :p
    607 likes this.
  18. Thanks!
    yeah your tips on the 4 block jumps was super helpful!
    Also i found a good way to do the 4 block wall jumps
    SUPERI0N likes this.
  19. Speeeeeeeeaking of which, I have some more incessant poking to do >:U
    (Stairway 2k17 pl0x)
    Theomglover and SUPERI0N like this.