I chose this name because it wasn't taken... wait...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by the_taken, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Heya, I've been logging into the Empire Servers for the past week and I like it here. I've tried logging into a few other servers, but the rampancy of griefers has led me to find a more discipline community.

I've been playing Minecraft on and off since before redstone was implemented, but I've only recently gotten a schedule that'll let me play as much as I want. I'm currently alternating between vanilla and a couple of modpacks. (One of which I'm supposed to be playing with my brother.)

Speaking of redstone; what are the rules on making stuff that use it? I know the larger builds can cause a lot of lag, especially on servers, but I am wondering if there's any particular things I'm to avoid doing with it.
  2. Welcome to EMC, glad you're enjoying it. :)
    As for the redstone restrictions to prevent lag, none that I'm aware of.. It's best to pm a mod in game or on the forum if you have any concerns regarding that. :D Though I'd suggest not building anything too laggy right outside a outpost haha, might upset players with low grade computers. :)
    MoreMoople and EvilBlo like this.
  3. Oh, when I first noticed you on a server, I was sure you are someones alt account! Your username is very similar to a player I know :)
    Welcome to EMC! As far as I know, there aren't any specific rules regarding redstone contraptions.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  4. The only rule I can think of is that if you make an afk machine, you need to still be physically at your computer to use it.
  5. Welcome to EMC The_Taken!
    I hope you enjoy your stay and as said above about the machinery ik for a fact that you can't make machines that work/farm stuff without your manually helping it, like you can't be afk farming if you know what I mean :p
    Smp8 rules and smp2 drools *old grudge please ignore this any smp2'er xD*
    haha welcome...
    Question: Do you like anime? (I ask all newplayers this)
  6. Welcome to EMC. There are no rules about redstone that I can think of. However, redstone sometimes behaves differently on EMC.
  7. Welcome to the Empire!

All of the information about rules can be found here and on the wiki.

If you have any other questions, please, be sure to ask!

Hope you have an amazing time here.
  8. Ayy nice siggy haha.
    LordessLevy likes this.
  9. SMP2 doesn’t need to resort to petty comparisons. Cause we’re better anyway.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  10. Welcome to EMC! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Other players and I are more than willing to help =)
    Enjoy your stay on EMC! I hope to see you in-game sometime ^_^
  11. Lol we both have Your Name sigs xD Your Name is my favourite movie :p <3
    ZombieInstinct likes this.
  12. Wait! Arent you uhm that person on discord who 'stained' her leggings with tears? LOL
    LordessLevy likes this.
  13. Haha....yea xD lmao
    ZombieInstinct likes this.
  14. Welcome to EMC!

As for redstone... EMC blocks 1 tick pulses(Im pretty sure thatbis not the name, but if you experiment with redstone you will fond what I mean.

Hopper timings are better than in vanilla, so they son’t cause as much lag, but you should still refrain from using a lot.

Non-player mounted redstone machines, I believe are banned(not sure on this one)

Other changes are here: https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/changes-from-vanilla-minecraft/ The wiki is a very helpful resource, you should explore it :)
  15. Welcome to the Empire Minecraft. :)
    For the redstone: I suggest laggbusting your cantraptions as much as possible, and make all clocks toggleble (and turn thhem off if you don't use the contraption) next to that, all contraptions that are duping anything in any way are not allowed. :)

Also, The server doesn't block 2-tick pulses (also known as 1 redstone tick). 0-tick mechanics are a little bit funky though (using update order to create pulses that go on and "instantly" go off) for some reason chaning them sometimes doesn't work. (usually used in contraptions that do stuff instantly or are as fast as can be)
    next to that, for some reason observer based flying machines don't always work (I haven't been able to recreate it myslef though) I'd suggest to check if it works before building a gigintic observer flying water cleaner.