Hunger Saturation Rate Faster than Normal

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by BigCaliMan, Dec 14, 2013.

1. I hope not, or many cows will fall to the sword :p
    Todd_Vinton likes this.
  2. I understand this can prevent afking.
  3. I just died while i was afk for 5 min because of this!
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  4. You can't die of hunger...
  5. I have been having this problem too. Once when I was trying to get back to town from the nether, after eating bread and sprint jumping, I was losing half a hunger thing every time I jumped.
    EDIT
    But you can go down to half a heart and get easily killed by something else.
  6. I'm pretty sure that you can't lose hunger shops by standing in one spot. Or at least, that's how it used to be.
  7. I have noticed that hunger rates are faster than previously.
    Thought it was just my imagination at first...
  8. Yes, but flaming said he died while afk. If he was afking in a safe spot, that shouldn't happen.
  9. Clown has been on half heart on one server for hours. Has not died from hunger at all.
  10. This is a problem for me.
  11. Wait then how did i die....a mystery
  12. Random enraged spawns? Happen(ed) to me at a witch farm.
    flamingpotato42 likes this.
  13. You think you can't die of hunger while not on utopia? LOL.
    K
    flamingpotato42 likes this.
  14. I use significantly more food and have to eat more often since 1.7.2.
    I am hoping it goes back to how it was before 1.7.2.
  15. I have noticed this too. I sprint everywhere, so I lose hunger very fast.
  16. I like this. It means there's more potatoes.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  17. Jeb thought it was funny to make the food saturation horrid #blamejeb
  18. So how to we get a staff member to look at this problem?

I'm not new to EMC, but I've only posted one thread before.

Its good to now the problem doesn't just affect me and its good to now it doesn't just affect non-supporters.
  19. Maybe it isn't very necessary to have it fixed, it's probably just something new and unexpected occurrence that came with 1.7, we'll get used to it eventually.
  20. You may be correct, but at least Aikar needs to be aware of it as he develops new mobs to kill us :), because this new hunger drain makes the wild significantly harder, because fighting mobs or doing anything quickly drains hunger and with just one meat pop gone, you will not regenerate hearts, so the wild is now even more difficult.

For me, I felt like we are now... Normal Mode (actually harder, because vanilla Normal mode does not have Enraged mobs or EMC mini bosses), even though we already had the Normal Mode change at the adventure update.

I hope the hunger/food consumption gets a bit more reasonable, but if not, Aikar please be aware that the wild/nether just got noticeably more difficult, which needs to be considered when developing future overpowered mobs.

Thanks.