How were you introduced to Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ditilwick, Feb 18, 2012.

?

How were you introduced to Minecraft?

One of my famly members told me about it. 24 vote(s) 21.2%
My friend showed it to me at there house. 37 vote(s) 32.7%
Found it on my own on the web. 45 vote(s) 39.8%
Heard things at work about it. 3 vote(s) 2.7%
Read about it in a gaming magazine. 4 vote(s) 3.5%
  1. In fact, it was my little sister who is 6years less than me, which made ​​me even start!
    I started with the SP and later bought the game!

Now I just love Minecraft!
  2. I was struck upon it when i was playing Zombies with a bunch of mates a few years back and he told me about it, i looked it up on youtube and thought it was **** as the graphics were crap. But then a week later i realized it was the shizz nit!

I got the crack and played SP. it became night and i was just walking around, i herd that there was monsters but i forgot until i was jumped by mobs and died :(

Later i jumped onto a MP server only to find it was fractions and that didn't go down to well. Bad experiences but hey? i managed to find this ^^
    MaCPR0 likes this.
  3. I was first introduced to minecraft way back in the alpha stage when my friend came over to my house and showed me it. ;) They don't even have an account yet!
  4. I found my way into Minecraft through random internet digging. I think the alpha was just released, because it was still free at this time, but places like reddit, funnyjunk, 4chan made alot of refrences to it. so I thought it would be cool to give it a try. And, the browser based gameplay meant i could play it at work where i worked 12 hour shifts 5 days a week in South Korea. And then once alot of my friends started playing, we made a little 10 person offline server, everyone had admin rights and dumb amount of plugins... it was a scary place.
  5. me and a friend used to play a game called wurm. kinda migrated over to minecraft.
  6. Some nerd gamer dude talked about it in my Speak up class where we make speeches. I totally thought it was lame cause he was a nerd but then Seamus and the creatures played it, and since I play 75% of the games they commentate on, I bought it during pre 1.5 Pretty serene then. No wolves or enderman, and no freaking food to worry about. I remember when there was no animation for eating and the only food was pork and Cake
  7. for me its SEAMUS > BUY THE GAME
  8. A friend of mine was telling me about Minecraft. At first I was all "THIS GAME IS STUPID! I refuse to ever pay money for something so stupid! How can digging for dirt even be fun!?" and hated the absolute crap out of Minecraft and couldn't understand why people liked it so much. After months of this going on he gifted me a copy of the game and demanded I download it. So I gave in to prove how crap it was. My friend and I played for 6 hours straight that day ;_; Then 2 weeks after getting the game I was here ... when we were just a little white list server of 15 people lol.
  9. I found out about it through 4chan. I downloaded the crack, got hooked, and bought it. Pretty soon after, all my time previously spent on 4chan was spent on Minecraft. I haven't been on 4chan for about two years now.
  10. I had stumbled across some blog blurbs about it and thought it sounded about as fun as a sack of rocks.

Later on, my room mate at the time had bought it and played it like crazy. I still thought it looked dumb, but he kept telling me how much fun it was, so I finally decided to break down and buy it. That's when I found out how much fun a sack full of rocks can really be. :D
  11. I heard about it when, I went to soccer practice and my freind that was there told me about EVERYTHING there was to it! So when I got home, I searched a video about and at first I thought it was SO stupid becuase everything was made out blocks! But a like, 5 monthes later I bought the full version then I was like OMG! This game is ADDICTING!!! I bought Minecraft about 2 years ago, then I wanted to play multiplayer and I was searching on http://Planetminecraft.com and got on Best servers and BOOM I got on EMC! I joined EMC November 26, 2011!
  12. Seananners nuff said ^_^
  13. my boyfriend (now fiance) showed it to me when we got together.
    i love it. oh my gosh i love it.
  14. wow... exactly the same as me :D
    ditilwick likes this.
  15. Funny video search on youtube > YogCast Episode 1 > ROTFLOL > AllOtherYogCasts > Purchased MC

I only played SP for a day... searched for servers online and found EMC after trying two others (very briefly) and I have played on here ever since. Also just started on another server last week and it's fun too, just because of how much different it is than EMC, but honestly EMC is the most well-put together server IMHO.
  16. I was introduced By looking on youtube on games, Then I saw this series called mary and dad. It looked so interesting....Then I watched the series (never stops as i know, tehy make 1 every thursday) and I played classic for a while then i decided to buy minecraft and go on servers, and that is how i found this and got addicted. :D
  17. I agree, I did not like it at fir, then I relized
    ditilwick likes this.
  18. I was introduced by my brother. I came in and saw he was playing it, and I asked him how can I get it, he told me it cost money :(. So I kept trying to find a way to get it for free, no way :(. Then I waited a few months, then Christmas came!! I got it for Christmas. It was such an exciting day, I got signed up for it after opening all the presents!
    ditilwick likes this.
  19. Funny story.
    My husband actually played with a few of his work buddies and his brother.
    I asked him what it was and would watch him build things for hours.
    I finally got the courage to ask him if I could play and he simply replied, "It's a man's game."
    I was like, "Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Oh heck no."
    I later complained to a friend of mine who played and he was pretty shocked he said that too.
    My friend had a gift copy he never ended up using so he handed it over to me and I've been here ever since.
    I play on-and-off. I consider myself a pretty big gamer, so I'm always playing something different. I never get bored anymore.

So many games, so little time!
  20. my friend showed the game to me on his ipod, i then went to find where i could buy it. im very much a console guy and dont really enjoy computor games, so when i saw that it was only for computer, and suddenly didnt hve any interest in it. but a few months later i came across some youtube videos. i began to watch more and more of them untill i realised i needed this game