How were you introduced to Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ditilwick, Feb 18, 2012.

?

How were you introduced to Minecraft?

One of my famly members told me about it. 24 vote(s) 21.2%
My friend showed it to me at there house. 37 vote(s) 32.7%
Found it on my own on the web. 45 vote(s) 39.8%
Heard things at work about it. 3 vote(s) 2.7%
Read about it in a gaming magazine. 4 vote(s) 3.5%
  1. I've always been a fan of Uberhaxornova's video's on youtube, and he had a couple of series going on which involved Minecraft, and playing with friends. After watching a few vids and becoming extremely interested with one particular multiplayer series, I could no longer resist and I bought the game. :D
  2. PaulSoaresJr is the best
  3. It was back when it was late Alpha and it was back when F@G was starting to die out they made a MC channel and the first time I saw it I thought it was stupid. Then I started watching more and more vids about it and almost all my friends were playing it and I was also watching Syndicate's videos about MC too so my brother finally bought MC so that is also why my name is IamSaj instead of FPSStimulus. And its a good thing there's a thing called Google too. What a lifesaver.
  4. My sister britbrit3197 plays Skyrim, and was in a chat with her friend. Some random guy popped into their chat and was Narrating the game as they were going through. They were a bit confused but entertained so kept him there. He gave them his youtube which she shared with me. I ended up watching his Minecraft vids and was cracking up. I showed her and she bought a copy and then gifted it to me so we could "be lame together" but we're addicted now.

His youtube by the way is TobyGames/Tobuscus
  5. Haha, awesome, your sister had Toby come by and narrate for her? I love that guy! (^_^)

I was introduced to Minecraft in a very peripheral manner. People around me just started talking about it, and I was like "what's the fuss about?", yet I managed to ignore it for a while. (I have this horrible habit of ignoring things that are popular. Well, horrible except in the case of MySpace, in which my popularity contempt was justly placed.) Eventually I couldn't help myself, though, so I searched around YouTube, and was instantly a fan and bought the game and, well, here I am. :p
  6. Yes, I didn't believe her at first because she's all serious and proper all the time. Then I watched his videos. I was hooked xD
  7. My friends were playing it one day and I started watching and was intrigued.. Admittedly, I started out playing on a cracked copy of minecraft but I eventually saved up enough pounds to be able to buy the program.. :3
    .. I still have my original world from when I started around 1.6.3-ish.. Unfortunately, the biomes have shifted since I started on that world though
  8. I was actually the guy who found it and spread it to all my friends. I was actually researching a history project about child labor, so I put 'coal mining' in on Google, and whaddya know. My interest was piqued, so I started and became hooked. (This was around Beta 1.3) One of my friends saw me playing at school and got hooked as well. Before we knew it, pretty much our entire grade and most of the other grades were playing minecraft nonstop.
    MissMadison910 likes this.
  9. I didn't really know anything about this game, then some friends and I partied at NetHeads and played this game. I found diamonds without knowing what they were and instantly became addicted! :)
  10. My brother randomly found it. Quickly caught the bug, now I'm a Minecraft Geek!
  11. I discovered minecraft on reddit.
  12. I was wandering around on YouTube, and I saw a video called "Nyan Cat in Minecraft". My exact thought:
    "Ugh, another first-person shooter that somebody modded Nyan Cat into?!?!?
    So yeah, I was wrong about that... :p But then I looked into Classic, and my life was never the same again.
  13. That will probably not happen, Which is why I'll never purchase on the 360. The only thing i'd like is the 4 player split screen. But, i just cant play with the default textures xD
    IamSaj likes this.
  14. bump *only because its a great thread*
  15. A family member hounded me for a couple of months but it just sounded dumb to me so I resisted. Now I'm totally addicted! Been eating a lot of humble pie lately :oops: ;) :D
  16. My younger brother's friend introduced him to Minecraft.
    Then my brother told me about it.
    And then I lost my life to Minecraft.
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BOOOOOOM!

I think we should start a thread as to how we each found EMC?
    ditilwick likes this.
  17. I heard about it on The Gamespot UK Podcast. I got Minecraft in December of 2011.
  18. Paulsoaresjr FTW
    DogsRNice likes this.
  19. This is a great thread- But I have decided to create/find a meme for Bumping ancient Threads...

I discovered Minecraft when someone I go to school with started posting Minecraft Videos on Youtube. I did a little bit of research, bought the game. And here I am 8 months later- still hooked on Minecraft :D
  20. My brother told me about it.
    Thank you, Andrew.