How to make 1.8 your own Obsidian Generator, No beacon needed

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Apocryphan, Oct 31, 2015.

1. It is redstone dust on top of a stick...
  2. Exactly :p
  3. If you look at the first pic, the chest labeled lava input chest will be where the lava is added, just add hoppers and chests leading into it, the top downward dispenser just holds 1 water bucket. You'll need to expand the empty bucket storage to hold more if your using 32is dc's of lava.

Ill get a video tutorial to maybe clarify better.
  4. Exactly, I am so bad with redstone
  5. This contraption doesn't work
  6. It sure does work, you did something wrong.

My question is how do I make it spit out the obsidian faster to work with the eff8 promo? I would love it to work just a bit quicker so only that pick can use it.
    Apocryphan and 607 like this.
  7. Been trying to get Apo to try to look at it but he is always afk -.-

Question: Can you see what I did wrong?

And maybe you can speed it up, but why waste a perfectly good promo? If you want to use that, just use duct tape to tape your mouse on the "Break (Left Mouse)" Clicker to your tracker (Red Beam) and afk there, it will be very very fast, but it gets the job done! :D
  8. Real question, why not use the promo I have 2 unused and one to use. I have no issue spending r :)
  9. Yep...
  10. Nice build. I use a similar setup with the sorter, only I run the water horizontal to produce 5 obsidian at a time. (I didn't come up with the concept, just refined it from someone I saw on smp7.) Eff V + Haste II beacon are the way to go.

Mostly responding here to point out that you can switch to "peaceful" mode in single player to avoid having slimes and other mobs photo bomb you. :D
  11. Hey since I am a noob at redstone can someone help me build it?:D
  12. Can you please release a version that has support for efficiency 8 + haste II? Preferably being able to handle it with very minimum wasted time please :)

I would so love this if it were compatible with those overpowered picks without wasting lots of time :p
  13. the clock is simple enough to adjust, it just uses a decaying loop starting at 14 and counts down to 0 and then it resets the timer and triggers the dispensers, you can adjust it by lengthening the wire leading to the timer or just use a furnace and comparator to adjust the reset value. what pick is efficiency 8? I'm not sure if using efficiency 8 would make it THAT much faster, but I'd love to find out. But efficiency 5 is repairable/renewable so i'll still use that, and when I tried to adjust it faster for haste 2, it would lose an item occasionally.

I'll finish that video tonight, trying to get alot done with the little time i have. =)
  14. awesome guide
  15. Mostly responding here to point out that you can switch to "peaceful" mode in single player to avoid having slimes and other mobs photo bomb you. :D[/quote]

I was teaching the witch how to build it =P If the mobs had hindered me at all, i would've switched to peaceful. I'm surprised you didn't tell me about /weather clear and /time set day because of the first pic being dark and rainy...
  16. Holy Moly does efficiency 8 make it fast! I'll post it once I can get the timer perfect.

Edit: the sorter can't keep up with the buckets, it keeps breaking XD, I'll need to fix that for EFF 8, but so far, It's looking to be twice as fast, using a decay timer of 7 instead of 14, but it may be too fast, because out of the 64 lava buckets I put in, 38 turned to obsidian, but the other 26 disappeared completely, bucket and all...
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  17. I'll build it for ya, only container build and Redstone flags will do
    Kytula likes this.
  18. Do you know where I live
  19. I gave you the flags
  20. Nice guide, Already built one on single player it works good.
    Apocryphan likes this.