Hoppers not collecting goods. People check Hoppers....

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Dingo585, Jun 4, 2015.

1. I'll be testing it again later today but like I said before it would collect zero items at times. I sat and watched as items disappeared from the top of my simple hopper system. Then checked all the hoppers and chest to find it all empty. I did several tests by throwing items on to the hopper same thing. Every now and then its like the hoppers shut off for and hour or so. Then start working again. I'll run another test later to see if anything changed. I posted this yesterday so changes to the timing could have been made.
  2. Not true. Hopper movement speed is only changed if server is under 18 tps which does a 50%reduction then under 17 tps it does an 80% reduction.

If server is lagging then Hopper users are going to just have to deal with the speed reduction as Hoppers are not important enough to justify impacting everyone else's game play.

I've been busy and haven't gotten to improving the pickup code but it's on to do list. For stationary Hoppers 3s should not cause any issues, it's the minecart looking to improve.

If you can demonstrate Hoppers letting items sit for 15 minutes that aren't full then please let me know where I can see it
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  3. Dingo - in your setup - the glass may be acting in its capacity as an item elevator. If the item is catching on the sides of the glass hit box - it could be lifting them just enough to prevent the hopper from catching the item. Try replacing all but 1 side with a solid block where they meet the hoppers.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  4. Some farms that is more work than just placing the hoppers or rails, but yea that's a fix if I needed to minimize on hoppers.
  5. Instead of using a lot of hoppers, you could use flowing water to transport your items to a few hoppers. :)
  6. I just need to use my XP farm. and i see hopper are terrible slow with taking the items. It still works. but it's extreme slow.
  7. Thought this was BS because all of my farms I checked were working fine (and several use thousands of hoppers :)). Today I went to an older farm with a small 9x9 collection floor and I saw it happen - items not being picked up. Tried a few things, but in the end breaking and replacing the hoppers worked. Have you tried that?
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  8. Maybe this was discussed elsewhere, but I'm having some trouble with the mine cart hoppers. I planned out a fairly small sugar cane farm area (in comparison to the huge towers some people have) and decided to use a mine cart hopper to collect the fallen pieces (which is activated via a timer, so it wouldn't always be on the move). I specifically designed the farm so I wouldn't need to use an overabundance of hoppers for pipelines. After having performed nicely in my single player tests, I began to build the system on my res. However, I discovered that the minecart hopper failed to gather items from the blocks above it, while it was in motion. Luckily I had only just begun the construction, because it would've been quit a let down to realize that the whole thing would need to be rebuilt to accommodate another method of item transfer. The minecart hoppers do collect items, but the items either need to be on the same level as the carts are or require the carts to sit around beneath the block the item is sitting on, which defeats the purpose of using them. Were they set to skip items from a block above, while in motion, or is it just some sort of mishap from the update? This is my first time using the minecarts, really...
    lucask125 likes this.