Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by migueldemesa, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Windows 7?
  2. Ha ha ha! I forgot Win 7. It is the same steps as Vista. I'll make the edit.
  3. :D Am a boss! xD
  4. For those curious about the different Minecraft servers and what they do:

1) Authentication/Login server (login.minecraft.net)
    This is commonly known as the authentication server. This is what makes sure you own minecraft and are indeed a premium member. This will also check to see if you are on the current version or not.

2) Update server (s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftDownload)
    If, while logging in to the authentication server, your client was out of date, you will have the option to update. If you choose to update, you will connect to this update server to get the latest files.

3) Session server (session.minecraft.net/game)
    This server is used to keep track of your current session online and to connect to a MC server.
    To accomplish this, the client asks the MC server for a random GUID. After the client gets the GUID in response from the MC server, the client registers this on the session server, and tells the MC server that it has done so. The MC server now checks the session server to ensure this is true. If everything checks out, then the client joins the MC server and downloads chunks etc and allows you to play.

4) Snoop server (snoop.minecraft.net/client)
    This server gather anonymous usage data, like what OS you are using, what version it is, how much memory, java version, etc. All of this data is collected anonymously every ten minutes.

I hope at least somebody finds this information interesting and/or helpful.

EDIT:
    If any of this information is unclear or incorrect, please, feel free to correct me.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  5. Thanks guys! i gtg to school ill try these things later. :)
    gabriel_oscar likes this.
  6. I did those steps it didnt work...:(. Is this a problem with Minecraft.net?
  7. It is a time out you have been playing Minecraft for 2 much.
    gabriel_oscar and migueldemesa like this.
  8. ok well heres what happens. those 2 peeps we all know justin and ICC (ice cream cow) are having difficulties with the networks so guys plz dont worry just wait atleast 2 hours and theyl be bak online. *note* i only wright this in an old post cause im bored..... :D
  9. :rolleyes:
  10. Did you try to install a mod or something?
  11. No.
  12. Yes!!!! Just re wrote the IP Works fine :)