[Help] What server should I build on outpost on?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Caeyde, Nov 17, 2013.

?

Which server? (Please don't vote for them all...)

SMP2 10 vote(s) 35.7%
SMP3 12 vote(s) 42.9%
SMP5 6 vote(s) 21.4%
SMP6 10 vote(s) 35.7%
SMP7 6 vote(s) 21.4%
SMP8 8 vote(s) 28.6%
SMP1, SMP9 or SMP4 (Please post why) 6 vote(s) 21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hai EMC,

I've been thinking of building an outpost for a while, but I'm not really sure which server to build it on... I'm not really thinking of building something big, just a little place for me and a few friends, but I might open it up to the public if I feel the need to.

Server's I don't really want are SMP1, SMP9 and SMP4. 1 and 9 because I find them to...crowded... 4 because that's where my res is. I'd prefer one of the smaller servers, to possibly attract more players.

Also any name, design ideas or tips are much appreciated as it's the first time I'm building anything like this :p

Thanks!
    607 likes this.
  2. I ddin't vote for them all :3
    Not the bottom ones because they are too popular and more likely to get griefed.
    I'd go with two three or six because they are quieter.
    AliceF3 likes this.
  3. SMP6 because I think it's the fastest way to unloaded chunks. No idea, just a guess.
    AliceF3 likes this.
  4. Smp7 is good for wild outposts, not many town players go to wild. I also suggest Smp2 which is also less crowded.
    AliceF3 likes this.
  5. I would go with 3 or 6. Otherwise, go with 2 or 8. The reason I mention those servers is because 3 and 6 especially are not crowded. An outpost there might cause them to gain some popularity. 2 and 8 don't have too many players compared to 1 and 9, or even 4, 5, or 7, so they would also be good choices as there would be more people in town who would want to go to your outpost. Also, less crowded servers may have less outposts as well. That can be both a bonus and a burden at different times, but usually a bonus in my opinion. :) If there are more outposts on that server, people on the server would be less likely to go to yours. Anyway, definitely don't go with 1, 9, 4, or 7, because 1 and 9 are so crowded in town, 4 has your res on it and is pretty crowded, and 7 is not only about as crowded as SMP4 but also has the LLO, which is pretty much a grief-magnet. Really it is your choice in the end. Do what your heart tells you.
    AliceF3 likes this.
  6. Just because Smp7 has the LLO which is a grief magnet shouldn't rule out if she wants to build there. The LLO does get greiefed from time to time, but that doesn't mean every outpost does.
    AliceF3 and hashhog3000 like this.
  7. What exactly is the LLO?
  8. The Last Light Outpost. It's possibly the most significant wild outpost in the history of Empire Minecraft.
    607, AliceF3 and hashhog3000 like this.
  9. I wouldn't go that far and say that. It was definitely amazing.
    bitemenow15 and AliceF3 like this.
  10. Oh right, thank you

That outpost was made before I joined, probably why I haven't heard of it....
    cddm95ace and samsimx like this.
  11. Samsimx is right, you shouldn't not go to SMP7 just because the LLO pulls in a few griefers. However, if you don't want to build on a larger server, you still shouldn't go to SMP7, which is a larger server. :) However, if you do want to build on a larger server that isn't 1, 4, or 9, then you should definitely go to SMP7 or even SMP5.

EDIT: Such an idiot, I just edited out the "n't" so that you actually understand what I am trying to say. XD
    AliceF3 and samsimx like this.
  12. Bump
    Has anyone got any tips?
    Im new to this outpost stuff...
  13. Don't feel forced to go out 1 Billion blocks. People won't travel 20k+ over rugged terrain unless they see from live map your base is made of diamond blocks. Don't feel like everything needs to be camo'd and hidden. Don't feel like you need to be afraid of getting griefed every minute, it doesn't happen as much as you think.

If you need help or want more random tips I have had a bunch of wild outposts and would share my knowledge.
    hashhog3000 and AliceF3 like this.
  14. I would think that 10,000 blocks is a good distance, as it is far enough to deter griefers and close enough that you can easily rig up a portal and railway system without too much hassle. But in the end it's all up to you! :)
    AliceF3 likes this.
  15. Try making a lot of it underground, that way it's harder to find it.
  16. We'll with the outposts 10k isn't very far, that's why I said 20k :p
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  17. I voted for all of them.
    Sowwy ;3
    But the reason I did is, because no matter which server go choose, there will be challenges, but it's easy to overcome them. ;) Just know, smp 1 only has like one outpost, so it actually NEEDS more :p
  18. It also has a high member density, so many members will have to be in the same server with the outposts.
  19. Seriously!? What outpost?
    Well, yeah, but I blanked because the outpost that I am making is 10k blocks away from one of the 10k outposts, so it really is 10k blocks out, or 20k from the main spawn. :) So I guess we are both right depending on how you look at it! :p And yes, that is three :p faces (well, four now) in the same post. :O
    samsimx likes this.
  20. Me and Jessicaf1 have both decided to build on SMP6
    Thanks for all the help everyone!
    hashhog3000, Olaf_C and 607 like this.