HELP! PC(HP) Infected with virus! D:

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tazri, Jul 11, 2012.

1. *facepalm* xD
    BobTheTomato9798 likes this.
  2. What are you talking about and where are your sources. I use Norton 360 and I like its protection. Recent websites I have visited especially Adf.ly (I wish the government would shut it down) has tried to attack my computer while my Norton 360 blocked all incoming attacks.

And Chas you need an anti-virus bro.
    Download Avast which is free but I suggest you BUY an anti-virus soon because free ones don't work as good as paid ones.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download
  3. There was a mad virus going around that the FBI took down Sunday at midnight. If you got it before then, consult a tech guy/professional. If its after then, listen to these guys ^^^:rolleyes:
    AlexHallon and thecontroller like this.
  4. It's not actually adf.ly's fault. They do not control the ads that support the continued funding of their free hosting site. However, to make sure no malicious ads get me, I use adblock and NoScript on Firefox, as well as Avast!

Oh and to fix, refer to my method of system restore in IamSaj's thread :)
  5. It does......... :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. OOPS! forgot about one thing you can do before installing an anti virus!

Go back to the past!
    Go to your "My Computer" right click on your main drive and click on properties OR go back to a previous version (I forgot things about XP but I'm too lazy to verify on my old laptop). And click the correct time that this incident NEVER occurred. This will put your hard drives previous files into the designated date!
  7. My news network was talking about something like that.

That's true however it's adf.ly's fault for letting these ads advertise. Why can't they be like EMC's or Google's method of advertisement which is more cleaner and it's based on your interests.
  8. You realize EMC has malicous ads to right? And do you now how many of us click on them? About none. Ads on ANY site, my personal advice: Dont click it.
  9. Lol! Malicious you have a virus/malware/adware then my friend. All that pops up in my EMC ads are Minecraft ads. You sir have a virus and you need an anti-virus. And if you already have a anti-virus then your anti-virus sucks. You need to get Avast OR AVG OR Norton OR ESET!
  10. I have Norton360. -.- I click on them it always say crap like attacked blocked. Even big companies like google and yahoo have trouble with this. I didnt say they ALL are. I am just saying, I can almost assure you, unless if it something with only a couple ads. Also, I have never seen a minecraft ad on EMC, lol. Right now I have a chiropracter ad, a Norton ad, and.... Wow, a Platinum Secruity Live ad. I didnt expect that.
  11. I actually have seen a minecraft ad.

But back on topic, perhaps we should help Chascarillo with his virus instead of arguing over the +s and -s of Norton (although I personally abhor it)?
  12. Wow. Nice job remaining neutral. -.- Well, if I dont know what virus he has, I cant help him. I thinks he should just screw it and clear it. XD Unless if he hasnt tried doing your option yet.
  13. That reminds me of something...
    Chascarillo, y u no google the name of the antivirus it is masquerading as and figure out how to cure it XD
  14. I don't think he knows.
  15. Also, Etherum, do you even know where Leroy is from? Just asking.
  16. I do believe that the malware pastes the name of the fake anti virus all over itself to pose as a legit program :)
    WoW.
    thecontroller likes this.
  17. They copied from somewhere else, you know that right? If you don't the whole phrase, it's LEROYYYYY JENKINSSSSSSS! I didn't even realize WoW copied that, lol. I didn't think they would steal from a 12 year old game.
  18. It is from WoW :). Oh, and it is Leroy Jenkins. I just shortened it :) [If you don't believe me, just check google. Oh, and it wasn't by the game. Was by a guild IN the game]

Oh, and in addition, you can fix your virus by switching to Linux. Just saying.
  19. Any specific kind of Linux distrib? I mean there are tons of them.

Just saying stick to windows if you don't even know what a Terminal is. Linux distro's are for moderate to expert computer users. Linux distro's can be used by noobs but since there are allot of incompatibilities you may require some experience to run programs that are not compatible with Linux.
  20. I like Linux with a Minty flavor and lots of Wine. :)