[HELP] Optifine Error

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by EmoryCrafts, Apr 12, 2015.

1. I am talking about windows 7 as well. Google how to find your display adapter.
  2. I'll try tomorrow
    Or on MOnday
  3. In the screenshot you provided, there is an option with the word vbo in it. Try turning it off. Also, try using the vanilla texture pack. There is also a good chance your driver's are out of date. If the first two don't work, figure out what graphics card you have (there should be a little sticker somewhere that says either nvidia, amd, or intel) and look up how to install drivers for your card. If none of this works, you might just be out of luck and have to use vanilla minecraft.
  4. Tried everything...
  5. Even updating your graphics card? If none of those work then you may just have to play without optifine. Do you have any other mods that could be causing problems?
  6. I see in your initial post that you have six mods. Optifine is one. What are the others? Have you tried running with no mods? You say that the error is coming from Optifine. Have you tried playing with only Minecraft and Optifine loaded?

Does the hour you stated in your OP correspond with Screensaver or Power settings on your PC, like Hibernate? Without more specific information about all anyone can do is suggest you update video drivers, post Googled answers, or you could stop going AFK.
    PenguinDJ and Gawadrolt like this.
  7. Go to my other help thread to see what mods I have.
    It is also in General MC Discussions.
  8. We're trying to help you here, it would be great if you could get us some direct answers..
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  9. I'm at school, that's why.

And I'm SURE that it's an Optifine problem.
  10. Why? I just think it is possible a mod is conflicting slightly. Just try when you get home disabling all the other mods.
  11. I know it's an Optifine problem because I have tried to eliminate other things.
  12. Try updating minecraft to 1.8.3 and update OptiFine to 1.8.3. Also, it looks like there is a new Forge version as well.
  13. That's what I would like to do.
    MC is already at 1.8.3, it's just not showing that.
    I always download the recommended Forge version, not the latest.

Optifine.
    I cannot use the 1.8.3 version like I can with the version I have.
    I place the installer.jar into the mods folder and it the Java process will just shut down. (looked at task manager)

If there is a way to use Optifine while using this Profile I would be grateful!
    Thanks.
  14. Oh by the way, I tried using just Optifine, no Forge, and I still have the same problem.
    I even used the 1.8.3 Optifine version!
  15. Did you try my recomendation a couple posts up? That link might be able to help you.
  16. It just lessnes it, but it's still there.
  17. Could you list everything you have done so far to either diagnose or try and fix the problem? Knowing what hasn't worked can help pinpoint the problem.
    PenguinDJ likes this.