[Help Needed] High animal counts in the wild

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chickeneer, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Hello all. I am working on a project for EMC (actually almost done).
    The subject is the entity limiter. My last step before I can release any details on these potential changes is that I need to find out what is currently 'normal' for the number of animals in people's outposts and the density in those areas. I am specifically looking for areas that have higher quantities of animals (because they persist). This does include villagers (so iron farms should be included with this).

What do I need from you? If you have an outpost that fits this description, then I need the location of it. /entc is not enough information for what I am looking at.

So, if you would like your outpost included in this survey. You may send your outpost's location to my inbox at https://pm.emc.gs/chickeneer. I will teleport out there with my SS powers. I will not touch anything. Just look and leave.

I plan to bump this thread several times in the next couple days. I want to best accommodate everyone's individual needs here, so don't get left out! You may discuss your thoughts on the entity limiter here (keeping in mind I am not quite ready to describe the specific plans since they are subject to change).
  2. Some vague details. Currently the entity limiter works off of a 9x9 area of a chunks for a limit of 250. I am looking to scale this size down a bit into smaller areas while maintaining the same effective entity limit for a 9x9 area. My hope is that this will not negatively effect most people.

Not looking to rush any decisions on this subject. Hence, this thread to do some extra research.
    TomvanWijnen and ShelLuser like this.
  3. I think we have something that may be good for your testing. I just gotta find out our coords for ya.

If you want an iron farm, PWU's Fe(II) is out off the Nether Express. smp8, wild north. There are several PWU builds out there if they'd be good for you.
    chickeneer likes this.
  4. Some progress has been made. Not there yet though. Still looking for a few more high animal/entity areas.
  5. Chicken
    Sorry to bump this.. I know its a little old, but are you still looking for info on this? If so, my OP might be a good spot. Let me know and I can PM you details.
  6. I am not at the moment. Thank you though.