Help me test a puzzle (and you can win money)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Rhyblet, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Nope

(Looking up what refraction is might help)
  2. Managed to tease out two messages:

Code:
    Good job, you solved the puzzle that i made! :)
    Code:
    so i know you actually solved this :P
    Is there a third message that goes between those two?
    607 and Rhycicles like this.
  3. You missed the one important message :p

Your method is right, but it looks like you missed something. You're extremely close.
    HazardousCode likes this.
  4. Is there something special that needs to be done to the last layer? I've extracted it multiple ways, and scanned it with two different scanners, but it comes up with 'error' every time.

Or maybe i should ask: which qr code scanner should we be using?
  5. Last layer is the same as the others, any qr code scanner should work.
  6. All manner of manipulation and I get the same two messages.
  7. Same here. The Blue layer doesn't give anything.
  8. I just tried to solve it on my end, and the blue seemed to work for me. How exactly are you getting the QR codes?
    607 likes this.
  9. In gimp I use colors>components>decompose
    Rhycicles likes this.
  10. I've tried separating the code as both rgb and cmyk and scanning each layer, rotating all layers, flipping them, combining with other layers, and scanning with multiple scanners online and on iOS. As others have noted, the first two messages scan easily but the third is nowhere to be found.

Which scanner did you use to test your code?
    Rhycicles likes this.
  11. I've isolated the cyan, magenta, and yellow layers here if anyone wants to take a look

Water is a means of refraction, so it's possible that you could be on to something.
    I can confirm that the refraction through a pair of glasses does not change the results of scanning.
  12. Ah, that's clever. :) (I haven't tried to get it myself, so I don't know about the second/third message)
    Rhycicles likes this.
  13. Didn't read the thread to try on my own.
    I just got super exited once I found the "Good job, you solved the puzzle that I made! :)" message just to find out there are at least three two more to discover :D
    Rhycicles and 607 like this.
  14. I haven't done the puzzle, but as I understand there are three parts in total, so two more. :p
    Rhycicles and Lukas3226 like this.
  15. Apparently, I can't count anymore :D
  16. Fortunately you can practise in CwP. :D
  17. I see.
    When making this, I was trying to decide between rgb/cmyk/[the third one I actually chose] to hide the qr codes. I thought the one I chose was going to be the most intuitive of the three, but apparently not.

Try to think of another color scheme that uses red, blue, and one more color.
    607 likes this.
  18. Yellow, I guess..? But that's very rarely used on computers, as computer monitors emit light instead of reflecting it.
  19. I think RYB is probably the best bet. Like you said it's more for printing and stuff instead of computers. Anyone got some red / yellow / blue filters they can put over the code and try to scan it?
    607 likes this.
  20. Budgie. Finally :confused: