Has this happened to you??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Primescary, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Max! Go Max!
  2. Btw Primescary... no, this has never happened to me... to the point i say!
  3. Go ahead Maxarias, Prime gave you his consent :D I'm sure we'd all love to see the video :3
  4. Here, everyone can now see that you were going faster than someone flying in creative - minecarts don't go that fast. I was also doing a combination of sprint/fly, which is slightly faster than normal creative fly [Control Pack].
    Lag, no matter how bad it is, never ever has made a player gone faster than I can fly, no matter if they are in a vehicle or not.

5. Just to show how much I lag in chunks i have had loaded for 5 minutes. My computer flips out.
    2013-05-31_20.09.35.png

*Just to show fps
    1. Pause video.
    2. Play this:
    3. Play video at the same time.
    4. ???
    5. Profit.
  6. Also, if you were in a Minecart, your legs would be up in the air as if you were sitting.
  7. That is because of forge
  8. By what I could see he wasn't even in a minecart.
  9. unrealated but has a tnt cannon made someone go faster than you?
    related i have seen this on another server i play on thare is no way someone can move this fast without mods unless you hack a speed potion
  10. What the title of this reminds me of:
  11. I know people might hate me for saying this, but, he/she is telling the truth. On my brother's super laggy computer, I can run that fast just because that's how laggy it is. If anyone wants proof, let me know and I can show you in town. I have already informed a moderator of this issue and he told me to stay in town and out of the wilderness.
    Primescary likes this.
  12. Tnt cannons are a bit weird - they throw you out very fast, very far, but tend to slingshot you back to where you originally were.
    Forge counts as 1 mod, so you have forge, rei's, optifine, and... ?
    Pooploser912 likes this.
  13. I agree with you and Max,

Why I agree with max:
    She couldn't catch up with him not even when she was flying
    Looks like he's flying
    Why I agree with ninja:
    Player never left the ground
    Had long pauses where he didn't move then jumped to a new spot.

But that's my points, I really don't want to get involved that much though.
  14. Nope, When an entity is inside of a minecart, that entity loses ALL Control of its movement.

The Vehicle then takes over all movement control from the entity. So that means the player can not have any control over its movement.

Additionally, even if not in a vehicle, "lag" would essentially delay when the instructions are sent. It might make the movements really jerky, but overall speed will not be modified.

As someone who knows how the code works, I assure you it is not possible to go this fast without client side mods to modify speed modifiers.
    Pooploser912 likes this.
  15. As far as I know, the only thing lag does is your game goes slow. Lag doesn't change anything about how you move, it's just a result of your game using up too much memory and that kills its framerate.
  16. Actually, for some reason, forge isn't just one mod, it counts forge and minecraft coder pack with it too.
  17. OH GOD I CANNOT BREATHE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.