Has the servers render distance / chunk load been changed?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by ShelLuser, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Hi gang!

I'm wondering if the maximum amount of loaded chunks has been changed (lowered) recently?

I have a redstone construction on my 2 (adjacent) residences which can turn my 9 beacons on and off. 3 reside on my main residence, 3 in the middle of my 2nd and another 3 in the corner of my 2nd residence. And those last 3 beacons are now giving me issues; they're not toggled anymore.

It was common for those beacons not to become visible right away; the beams often stayed off until you approached them, but now the whole piston mechanic doesn't get triggered anymore. Things only work if I place my alt on my 2nd residence, which makes me wonder if this could have something to do with loaded chunks?
  2. I also feel like my builds have constantly been shrinking when I go to take pictures of em.
  3. nothing has changed in months with view distance, and the last change we did was to up it.
    cadgamer101 and ShelLuser like this.
  4. Thanks for the confirmation Aikar. Well, then it has to be client or timing related, I'll get to the bottom of it :)

And so my todo list fills up even more :)
    607 likes this.