Happy Independence Day!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JJtheWise, Jul 4, 2016.

1. On this day, 240 years ago, some of the world's wisest men gathered to conduct an experiment of liberty, to cast off the tyrannical rule of a ruthless Empire. They created a Nation based on the principle of universal freedoms granted to us by god, where a government's role was to serve the people, not be served by the people.

Now The United States is the wealthiest, most powerful, and most diverse nation in the world. We have created an image of freedom and opportunity for all that serves as a beacon for the 46 million + immigrants who choose to come here, above anywhere else, to create a better life.

Today I want to remind all of the Empire's Americans, that you living and working in this country, are contributing to something so beautiful that millions would come by plane, by ship, by raft, to stand side by side with us in the land of the free.

So today, at your Barbecues and parties, have a great time, but never lose thought of what this day means, and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we may be free.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

God Bless America
    ShelLuser, SirTah, BenMA and 3 others like this.
  2. and trump is the frontunner of the republican party - happy 4th of july my darlings (ᵔᴥᵔ)
    BenMA, Acemox2k and fox1fire like this.
  3. Happy 4th of July to all you Muricans. :)
  4. Speaking of Trump, an episode of The Simpsons actually predicted his presidency in 2000. The episode takes place in the future and Lisa ( The older of the 2 girls. ) is now the president. One of her goals as president was to fix some sort of debt problem caused by President Trump and this takes place right after he left office if he is to serve 2 terms. Creepy Huh?
    Acemox2k and fox1fire like this.
  5. Happy 4th of July from your neighbors North of the border!
  6. Happy 4th of July everyone. To everyone everywhere, enjoy freedom, remember that it is not free and must be worked for and maintained.

Despite all the lives that have been lost in the name of freedom and many today still place themselves in harms way (and I was one) for our sake, I still believe freedom is something that can be achieved with soft words and smiles.
    JJtheWise and MustangLover25 like this.

7. Happy 4th of July from the most boring and second best country in North America.
    JJtheWise and MustangLover25 like this.