Happy Birthday EMC / 1.3 Wild Reset / Feature Updates!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thnx lol. ill play single player once 1.3 comes out cuz i dont want mah cocoa farm to be wasted >.>
  2. No, just good ol' Google Images.
  3. :D:D:D:D:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMC!!
    chickeneer likes this.
  4. Hey guys whats going on in here?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Update came out
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. 1.3 us finally out watch my pre-release vid: tomato952 - snapshot 12w14a, pyramids, tripwires and more!!
  7. 12w24a* sorry
  8. CORRECTION! It's minecraft 1.3.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O
  9. No one knew that when this was posted though- lol
  10. Oh 1.3.1 whatever lOl
  11. Dear EMC,

Can you give us any indication of when you might update to 1.3? Is it going to be, for example, at least a week? Or just a few days? Two weeks? Probably longer?

Just, any idea of rough timescale would be helpful - even if it's impossible to be exact.

It would also help us prepare, and continue playing, if you could tell us which features will be available.

In particular - will we have ender-chests? Will villager-trading work on EMC? Will we be able to breed villagers? Will people obtain XP from using furnaces in town?

The reason I am asking is... people are hesitant to play, while this is unknown. Enchanting is a particular problem; people are concerned that the prices/requirement-to-obtain enchanted items could fall drastically; that means, right now, almost nobody is creating any enchanted items.

I fully appreciate that the update will take time to "get right" - and I would much rather you spend longer preparing and get it right. But, in the meantime, any information about EMC's plans for 1.3 would help us move forwards.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  12. The updates are usually implemented within a week of release of the new update. As to the other features, we will find out hopefully within a few days when EMC is officially updated. :)
    Dwight5273 and marknaaijer like this.
  13. Thing is... if you launch it with "villager trading", the price of our diamonds/enchanted items/gold/iron is likely to fall to almost nothing... that's my main concern, right now.

I'm sure lots of people have lots of diamonds (like I do), and if they were suddenly only worth 1 rupee... eek.
  14. Max played and was streaming 1.3 the other day. Villager trading won't really ruin anything from what we could tell. Pretty much all of their offerings were horrible deals.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  15. They'll buy 20 wheat for 1 emerald. So emerald is worth <1 rupee.
    They'll sell you two or three glowstone for 1 emerald.
    You see the problem there?
  16. Yea I agree with ICC. you can trade with villagers but their trading deals are horrible "Its like trading your 30-06 rifle for a airsoft gun:confused: what awesome deal ". Most of the time they want to trade emeralds for other stuff and the villager i do find that wants to trade with emeralds wants 5 diamonds "I was like pffffff yea right then killed the village with lava :p" but after i finally found a villager that would trade 9 wheat for 1 emerald"
  17. Yep, so... you'd just breed 1000 villagers, and use the one that gave an emerald for a little wheat.
  18. yea true someone can do that would be pretty boring after awhile if thats all someone did >.> I need excitement and build something than Seed>bonemeal>wheat>harvest<x that too desire amount >found the right trading villager> trade with him > start over=bordom:D
  19. Sure, me too - but as you know, some people will sit in a "grinder" all day long, to enchant items. I'm sure some will breed testificates and trade with them all day. That'll throw the economy completely; because for example, they'll be swapping 20 wheat for 3 glowstone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.