[Guide] Mumble

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Xinn, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Or join and stalk/listen like I tend to...
    Yep, default port :)
  2. Yes, Aikar.co, no password as far as I know, default Port. I wonder why it won't let you connect :/
  3. It keeps telling me the same thing. I've tried to connect to another server using mumble and I had the same problem. I am really really bummed because we just bought a sweet headset to use for this and it won't work. I am running Windows 7.
  4. Just an FYI, if you are like 12 or younger, I would highly recommend not to join... Some of the mods have dirty mouths (Not all the time but sometimes...) and... Well that all I got...
  5. On a partly off-topic thing, Mumble today was largely dominated by Maxarias trying to teach her dog to sneeze on command, which was a partial success, last I saw.
    penfoldex and PandasEatRamen like this.
  6. I googled it and it said try this http://www.mumble.com/support/mumble-remote-host-closed-the-connection.php
    I have Windows 7 and don't think I had an issue other than it not wanting to show the overlay in Minecraft, when I got it enabled it would have a meltdown and freak out on me and crash my game.
  7. I'm 28.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  8. So, I just just even a live chat to see what they could help me with and they can't do anything about it. I did just see that since it is the "remote host" closing the connection, whoever has that (Aikar) can look in the log and see why the server is refusing my connection. So.... who's got his number? lol
  9. Maybe send a PM to Aikar and Maxarias and see if they can help :). Hope you get it fixed soon.
  10. Is Mumble free?
    RainbowChin likes this.
  11. Yep
  12. I can't send a PM to Aikar, but I was able to send one to Maxarias.
  13. Maxarias will be able to add Aikar for you later on. :)

I'm fairly sure that I had the same problem when I first installed Mumble; "Remote host closed the connection..." over and over until you quit? Right clicking the Mumble program and then running it as an Administator fixed it for me. :)