[Guide] How to Create a New Profile Version

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Hey guys, the 1.9 update has arrived and may have updated your profile version. Here is how you can create a new profile version so you can switch easily between 1.9 and 1.8.

Just replace every instance of 1.7 with 1.8, and 1.8 with 1.9. :p

Step 1: Open the Minecraft Launcher

Here is my launcher. It displays my username in the bottom right along with my profile version's number, and it displays the profile name along with some options on the bottom left.

Step 2: Click the New Profile button.

This opens up the window that you will use to make a new profile with a different version.

Step 3: Make a profile name (optional) and select the version you wish to use.

As you see, I have decided to name my profile 1.7 and I have selected 1.7.10 as my Use version.

Step 4: Save your new profile.

Simply click the Save Profile button to save your new profile.

Step 5: Select it and play!

Using the bottom left corner's profile drop-down menu, select the new profile you have just created then click the Play button.

Congratulations, you are now (basically) as skilled as Aikar. Go show off your new skills to your friends- I mean pets.
  2. Um that has very high technology in it! Mind blown!!! :eek: lol jk. i knew that.
  3. Bump
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Good idea Stone! I somewhat overlooked the post when you first made it (probably too busy being a n00bie :D) but well put. And sure: this may seem simple to some of us, guys. But there are plenty of people who may never had to edit their profile before (remember how EMC used to support 1.7 and 1.8 at the same time?!).
    StoneSky likes this.