Ground rules for owning a residence.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tycho_69420, Jun 29, 2012.

1. *cough cough* hobbit hole *cough cough*
    :D
    good build though! pretty sure i have been to ur lot, didnt u make a giant mountain in it? its really sweet!
  2. Might as well lock this thread, it's going to cause nothing except arguments.
  3. 2 people (alex and me) have both said to lock this thread. probably a good idea?
    Herbrin3 and Manglex like this.
  4. Yes. Sounds like you've been there. I've never finished the mountain so I didn't want to show that part. And yes. It was originally a dirt box that I kept building on. Eventually someone suggested it looked like a hobbit might live there and I've drawn on that a bit for inspiration.

My point I guess is htat if a bunch of people had told me it was ugly, it would have shaped my building(and my EMC) experience and we'd be looking at something else, better or worse now.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  5. actually the only thing that i could suggest would be to download optifine and enable better grass so it has the side textures too :D then it would be maximum awesome.
  6. Well, time to reset my res and rebuilt it out of dirt and gravel and random logs/leaves in it.
    Chascarrillo and imBobertRobert like this.
  7. dont forget the 1x1 pillars of dirt!
  8. O those will be my columns for my balcony. But I could make some dirt trees.
    Chascarrillo and imBobertRobert like this.
  9. grass should be the leaves :p
    actually that should me my project. i should delete my smp3 lot and build an all dirt lot with a house and all that stuff.
  10. Yay for hijacking this forum.
  11. we just turned that frown upside down! positive thread FTW!
    Chascarrillo, jkjkjk182 and Pab10S like this.
  12. I think everything relative to the OP has already been said; and it's not like there is unkind things being said... yet
  13. What does it matter what it look like as long as they are having fun?

10. Thou Shalt Have Fun
  14. only if they arent having fun :D
  15. Haha nice. I plan to move those farms elsewhere. I'll do it in a day or so. Never got the chance xD
  16. Pab10s I mean those ones that are just rectangles with holes for windows and such. Not ones like that or JB's. :\
  17. I knew what you meant, but thought it'd be fun to post my dirt shack :). Although I've gotten compliments, compared to some of the other places on EMC, I think it does look bad.

My main point was that what looks like a hovel to you may be some little kid's mansion. With all the nice residences here there are plenty of ideas and examples for them to pick up on and hopefully they'll grow in time.
  18. Some people use dirt very well. I once saw fearlesswaffle make a house out of dirt on the outside. It was very very nice.
    gnyctk likes this.
  19. That's why my grass isn't growing at 4440! Thanks bro!!!
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  20. I've never seen the point of building houses full of dirt, unless your on a server that makes it next to impossible to find trees, food, and other supplies. Empire isn't nearly as hard as all that though, so I really don't see dirt houses being a problem.