griefed res

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by doomauculas, Feb 15, 2012.

1. no one had perms to my res either
  2. maybe a minecraft patch could has screwed it up im not sure... is that a possibility?
  3. A minecraft patch wouldnt take away your pistons and put dirt over it. The most reasonable answer is that someone knew your minecraft password.
  4. it wasnt replaced with dirt.. they just disappeared
  5. Aside from the fact that I'd never come right out and call someone a liar, I tend to agree with your assessment. The odds of someone (unless it's a friend he tells everything to, or someone who has access to his computer and MC just logs on automatically when it is run) knowing his username and password for MC, knowing he plays on EMC, knowing enough about MC to even care about sticky pistons, and having the time and inclination to "hack" a new EMC member are so astronomical as to be mathematically impossible.
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  6. You sir has blown my mind! Your statements are phenomenal! You must be a genius! :D
  7. I don't think he is lying because he is a new member.... but then again I may be wrong.
  8. But then again there has to be a logistical explanation on how the pistons disappeared.
  9. Yes sir there must be
  10. Serverside all the things!
  11. I'll give ya one... MC hasnt been running for 7 years.... and yet if he has used the same password for that long that means he uses it on different games... whereas someone that he shared those other games's accoutns could totally get into MC for fun.... Yet.. why is it always that "new" members get hacked/griefed and what not, as i NEVER see oldtimers, supporters, well-known members etc being target (they r worth more ruppees/stuff than newbies)
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  12. Didn't think about that...
  13. I'm a well-known member and I griefed myself once.
    nnnnmc1, Seberling and RaNiSiMa like this.
  14. Must have been an EVIL WIZARD...............!
  15. We've seen the video.
  16. im not new at EMC
  17. No need to assult the person's character when you don't know them.

I have also had strange things happen on my res with no explaination. I have never posted here because I knew how it would be recieved (see all vile postings above) and just fixed it myself and went on with life. But hack or glitch these things do happen, no matter how good the server protection is. Minecraft is a glitchy game, and there are other ways it can be done people aren't considering...

Blocks appear and disappear at times. The worst one for me was the top of my UFO, which is covered in half-slabs, had about 20 blocks which had an additional half-slab on top of the others making an uneven walking surface. This area of my res has been completed since at least November, and is never touched. I never worked on it for any reason, and no one had perms on my res. Yet it was still "griefed" somehow. I just broke the blocks and fixed them again. No big deal but still, it happened. Just thought I'd throw that out there so Doom would know that some people know what he's talking about.
  18. Dont know them?....

click his name, go to "SITE POSTS" atm (29)

read the 29 posts

figure out how many of them, 20 at least have been on 2 specific threads...

THIS, and one where his "outpost grinder" was griefed....

plus couple others somewhere else...

u can only KNOW what you see...

and what i see.. is that from all he's done the vast majority is complain about griefers...

so now... YOU tell me... who knows who?

you have over 200 posts from november to date

i have almost 200 from Jan 3rd till now

how come he only has 20? and yet all state teh above?
  19. You know how much one would have to do to hack the server sided resident protection?They would have to hack into the server itself, and if they did, I'm sure they would cause many more problems to many more people.
    JustinGuy likes this.
  20. This IS possible that this could have happened. My theory is that nobody griefed them, but they glitched and disappeared. This could have happened due to severe lag, also if the piston heads were extended at a major lag moment. It has happened to me before - When I am in singleplayer and have a piston contraption running, and I detonate TNT nearby - just at a safe distance behind the pistons - sometimes the pistons glitch and disappear. This only happens when the heads are extended, extending, or retracting though.