Graphics Card Help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Aug 21, 2015.

?

Which card?

MSI GTX 960 2GB OC Edition 1 vote(s) 16.7%
MSI GTX 960 2GB 100 Million Edition 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Asus GTX 960 2GB 5 vote(s) 83.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The cheap MSI one is also available with the free game if I buy it off of eBuyer but it costs a pound or two higher than Amazon so I included the Amazon link ;) Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! You said that "if the green one fits my system better", in what case would that be? At the minute my computer is mainly red and black though so I suppose the cheaper MSI one is very fitting anyway :p
  2. It can run any high end game that you can think of on high settings, over 30 FPS, easy (minus Arkham Knight . . . thanks Rocksteady Studios)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  3. Sounds great, thanks again for the feedback! :)
    BlackKnight1021 likes this.
  4. Well that would be if your builds theme is green, which it's not, sooo... :p

Just go for the cheap MSI one, buy it off eBuyer if you (or someone you know) wants that game, and have lot's of fun gaming :D (if you have time for it ... :/ :p)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  5. I'm thinking the cheaper MSI one seeing as how the more expensive one (MSI) has no edge, but do you have an opinion on the GTX 960 from EVGA? Kind of torn, not sure how far some of the specs go, they all seem really similar :p
  6. (lol it's 1AM here, you're making me think of difficult weird things :p)

Well, um, yes, GPU's nowadays are really similar sometimes. I honestly don't know which is better in thermals, you'll have to look that up for yourself. What I do know is:

-the MSI one is red - fits your system better.
    -the EVGA one has the "stepup program" (I think...), which IIRC means if you later on want to buy for example a GTX 1080 (I know, stupidest name ever, 100% sure it'll get a different name), you can give your current GPU back to EVGA, and get the 1080 for a reduced price.
    -people always say EVGA has good (or amazing(?)) support and RMA stuff.

*let's sleep*
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. After weighing up all of the options and the capabilities of each option, I have opted for the standard MSI GTX 960 2G and now have it installed. So far it's running great with no problems - I also opted to buy 16GB RAM while I was at it and now have that installed also. Thanks for the help everyone! :)

Reporting thread for closure now :D
    ThaKloned, Patr1cV and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. Last! >:)
    haastregt and FDNY21 like this.
  9. No I'm last.
    FDNY21 and Patr1cV like this.
  10. Are you? ;)
    haastregt and FDNY21 like this.
  11. Guys... >_>
    xHaro_Der and Patr1cV like this.
  12. Yes I am.
    :)

EDIT - How can this conversation be deleted? This is gold.
    FDNY21 and Patr1cV like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.