Goodbye EMC?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by synth_apparition, Sep 5, 2012.

?

Would you miss me if I left?

Yes 60 vote(s) 87.0%
No 9 vote(s) 13.0%
Why would I? I hate you! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Although very awesome what they have accomplished with this Linux Computer, I doubt it would functionally run Minecraft and I highly doubt it would perform well if at on in SMP...

What’s the difference between Model A and Model B?

Model A has been redesigned to have 256Mb RAM, one USB port and no Ethernet (network connection).
    Model B has 256Mb RAM, 2 USB port and an Ethernet port.

What SoC are you using?

The SoC is a Broadcom BCM2835. This contains an ARM1176JZFS, with floating point, running at 700Mhz, and a Videocore 4 GPU. The GPU is capable of BluRay quality playback, using H.264 at 40MBits/s. It has a fast 3D core accessed using the supplied OpenGL ES2.0 and OpenVG libraries.

How powerful is it?

The GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode.
    The GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24 GFLOPs of general purpose compute and features a bunch of texture filtering and DMA infrastructure.

That is, graphics capabilities are roughly equivalent to Xbox 1 level of performance.
    Overall real world performance is something like a 300MHz Pentium 2, only with much, much swankier graphics.

I will buy one of these, however. :) It probably wont arrive until mid- to late- October but I will do some testing to let you know my results. :)
  2. dont go soulpunsiher! who will i brag about my dragoneggs to if you leave?? :( (not oidgod, he has the GoN)
  3. Ignore the bad. Cherish the good. Stick around and play. It can always be fun! Its what you make of it.
  4. They always come back.

Always.

That is all.
  5. Withought u no olympics
  6. They are really good and I would recommend getting one!
    Right now I'm following this tutorial: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/freshers/raspberrypi/tutorials/os/introduction.html

Sorry for hijacking your frind btw. :p
  7. No.... Don't leave! Come to SMP1, where we have all-you-can-take diamonds and 1/56 completed Shards! :D
  8. I live in the wild on smp1. I had a res there for about a day, and I unclaimed it and move back to the same res on smp3 again :p
    DarkDashEST likes this.
  9. Also, I am staying. But I won't be online for a few days, maybe weeks or months. I can't install minecraft on my ubuntu copy, windows 7 was automatically removed of my computer, my computer is slow and always has been and it also crashes alot. It's also a 3 year old toaster that can't run Minecraft properly.
    DarkDashEST likes this.
  10. What? Why not?

Eh... I don't think you mean "automatically." That would never happen in any way that fits the definition of "automatically." :p What happened?
  11. I suppose, but in my opinion I think it's for attention and he doesn't believe that he would actually leave. :)
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  12. Stay on smp3 and get a better computer. I built part of my computer.
  13. I can't really afford a new computer, but i'm trying to save up for a slightly better but slightly crappy one :(
    I do want to leave but I also don't want to leave. School is horrible, some players are annoying, and EMC has made me sacrifice all of my social life outside of school.
    I was downloading project blackout, and then my internet froze. I've downloaded Project blackout before, and it's a good online Counter-strike style game, and then my computer froze. I started it back up and windows wouldn't load. So I went onto my recovery software that loaded up after 2 hours, and it said 'OS not found'. I'm also trying to fix that right now, so don't expect me to be online for the next few hours.
    DarkDashEST likes this.