GoFundMe Campaign - Help Twitch1 get home to his Family for Christmas!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Twitch1, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thats huge!
  2. Im sorry i cant donate atm...i am only 13 but i will talk to my parents, i only earn 2 bucks a week for chores but i can probably help out a bit :)
  3. pretty much the same here :p.
    flamingpotato42 likes this.
  4. poor potato pals :(
  5. I have some extra income so I am donating all my money i have now (only about 50 bucks now) but i am trying to get maybe another 100 and maybe even 300+
  6. Thats nice of you to do this! But i dont even think my parents will let me :(
  7. Trust me, it took some convincing.
    tinkerbell28 and BevK56 like this.
  8. I bet it did :p
  9. You got big heart, Olaf ! You will be blessed!
    tinkerbell28 likes this.
  10. I look at life differently than most people. I feel as if i was put on this earth to help others and put them over myself. I don't believe in karma like beliefs but I want to help others just because I can. I have lots of money, a warm house, loving family, luxuries, and anything else anyone would ever want and it is my job to help people who don't have one or even don't have any of these things.
    Qwerty189 and tinkerbell28 like this.
  11. I will Tweet and share on Facebook about this. Also welcome to my signature :)
  12. Only creditcard donations? No paypal? :(
  13. Updated it for you and anyone else who is interested in the more detailed story. :)
    I guess it is just Passport... The blue one. I have an Official Passport... The brown one. It carries a penalty and jail time if used for leisure travel instead of official business as it is Official Use Only and I don't have military orders to travel to Honduras. So if I went to the airport and they scanned my passport, it would alert and they would discover abuse of the passport and just revoke it, fine and/or imprison me and I would be generally screwed...

Sorry I can't reply, quote or like all of your posts. This is nearly impossible to do on my computer with dial-up speed internet and equally difficult on my cell phone...

I truly appreciate all of the help and will continue to be transparent on the entire process. Once I arrive to our home in Honduras, my family and I will record a thank you video with shout out to all who donate and Empire Minecraft specifically. As for when I will upload it, I have no clue. Photos will be aplenty, however. :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. I will look into a paypal option as well, but I have heard many horror stories about withdrawing funds when they arrive from many locations. I don't even understand GoFundMe either. My sister is the one who introduced me to it. I just signed in with Facebook and followed the prompts..
  15. i hope you can see your family soon,
    i don't have any money at the moment but, i may donate when i get money
    but untill you reach your goal.... welcome to my signature..
    Twitch1 likes this.
  16. Sorry, I've gotta be the one to do this.

I've served as a reconnaissance soldier in Iraq and Afghan, and thankfully although injured in Iraq during a rocket attack on the Provincial Joint Control Centre in Al Basrah, I was back on duty within a few hours thanks to a great medic, although several of my friends weren't so lucky - I completely empathize with Twitch and the problem he is facing. I know that once you're discharged from the military, you are pretty much left to it, as again, some of my friends have found out.

However, I need to question the validity of a begging thread on EMC, where there are a large number of kids playing who may feel they want to give and be giving money that they can't honestly spare but don't realise it due to best of intentions.

I also need to ask where this will stop, as if one person can post a begging thread, then really, so can everyone else.

There is a place for this sort of thing, I don't think it's on EMC.

Disagree with me if you like, but someone needs to raise this point. This doesn't mean I object to Twitch's request, just the location in which it's been made.
    Olaf_C and MR2R2M like this.
  17. Wha y your posts signify in any way?
    I'll try to help out in some way.
  18. Whereas you see this as a begging thread almost everybody if not everybody else sees this as a helping hand situation, if you recall a few months before bob was having some issues with family and EMC helped him out alot.

Either way GL on getting home in time Twitch Christmas is a great time of year for you to see family again.

On a side note (this message is too long xD), I see you are flying out of Tally, eh? ;)
  19. My parents don't see the point of this. I have saved 500 dollars for the past few years, and I have been waiting for a good way to spend it. I was going to donate it, but my parents say that there are thousands of people that have this problem and there is little point in spending my savings for a new iPhone or whatever on one of those people. :(
  20. Sorry but I cant donate. but I shared google +!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.