Getting kinda tired of these ads

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by _REMOVED_8827, Jun 16, 2012.

1. well I thought it was a part of the ad.
  2. I think.. Back on a frightful night in march, I missclicked an IE advert, I immediatley ran a virus scan and bought a new hard drive. It seems my Google account somehow managed to have a facederp for 30 seconds..
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Or... It could have been that time when I missclicked IE, I still don't think it's opened after 4 weeks and 2 days..
  4. Wow.... I just got an ad that said:
    Get your business card at moo.com.

:confused:
  5. IceCreamCow ©2012 all cows reserved.
  6. Icecream! You have a company/business! Congrats!
  7. I just got one for entering poems into a contest, which doesnt make sense since i personally hate creating poetry -_- But this laptop is relatively new, so i bet they are still trying to figure me out:) Maybe if frodo is using a relatively new PC they are still testing on him too, which would explain the extremely odd ads:)
  8. What ad? Oh that one right there! Ahh never noticed, hey a google chrome ad!
  9. Prudes.

If these are blocked and still a appear for a user , it's either Interest-based or an "illegal" ad that shouldn't be outside these categories , EMC has no control over it. Report the ads to EMC and they can block them. ( Include the link of the ad , "copy link" )

With out ads , there's a lot of things you wouldn't be able to use for free today , youtube content doesn't appear out of thin air , you get free content because people watch ads.
  10. I've never seen an Ad on Youtube you know...
  11. wait there's ads...
  12. Really? The post JUST before yours explains what you asked!
  13. There are normally only ads on specific videos. If you watch a YogsCast video you will see a full screen (player size) ad play which you cannot skip. Also you may see tiny ads that randomly pop up on videos sometimes...
  14. Adblock stops even those.
  15. Really? Cool!

Just something I don't understand; YouTube needs to make profit: ads give profit. Google owns YouTube... Google also owns Chrome! Google accepts an extension to chrome that allows you to stop them from getting paid! This just doesn't add up...
    Frodomann1 likes this.
  16. lol.jpg
  17. I always get ads about minecraft... Cause that is like the only type of site i visit. To get rid of those ads, go on your computers admin account, and use parental controls. :p
  18. They would then be taken to court, (probably by Europe) for breeching anti trust and competition laws. that's why can wont block the extension for chrome..

Ask your self, microsoft owns windows, but they let you install chrome... or even safari
  19. I wouldn't know, I use Firefox, not Chrome.
  20. Sorry forgot to mention,

Other browsers are available...