[FORUM GAME] EMC Text Adventure

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by 607, Apr 10, 2019.

?

What's your experience with (text) adventure games?

Nothing really. 14 vote(s) 63.6%
Played a bit. 4 vote(s) 18.2%
Played a lot. 1 vote(s) 4.5%
Programmed them myself! 3 vote(s) 13.6%
  1. Code:
     Go west 
    607 likes this.
  2. Code:
    You are in a snow biome.
    Code:
    You are in a desert. Fortunately you didn't walk into a cactus.
    Code:
    You attempted to move West, but found the world border. You are still where you were.
    Code:
    You found some leaves. There was a tree here.
    CarFryer and luckycordel like this.
  3. Code:
    go east
    607 likes this.
  4. Code:
    Go south
    607 likes this.
  5. Code:
     Go south to the second of three chests 
    607 likes this.
  6. Wrong, it's the first. :p (or third, if you look at it the opposite way, but not the second)
    Code:
    You are in a desert. Fortunately you didn't walk into a cactus.
    Code:
    You are in a snow biome.
    Code:
    You found a block of stone and mine it.
    Code:
    You found the #1 chest, containing an enchanted book of Fire Protection IV, a stack of eggs, an eye of ender, a potion of swiftness, a potion of strength, a potion of healing, an iron pick-axe, a stack of diamonds, a stack of emeralds, a vault voucher, a stable voucher, three dragon stone fragments, a stack of iron ingots, a Mineral Mincer, a Can Opener and a Notch Apple. You can not use these items in the Text Adventure. 
    As far as I'm concerned, the game is now over. :)

The chests are at /v orangeduck607 storage. The books will be written later. I will also record a video with an animation and commentary of the entire game. After I finish preparing this, I will know how many turns it took, and I will give all active players a reward in Club Points. :)

Thanks for playing!! I might create a Google Form to seem all professional. :p But with only 4 players, I might as well ask people what they thought personally...
  7. Good game Y'all!:p Thanks 607 that was fun!:D
    607 and CarFryer like this.
  8. Thanks so much for hosting this game! It was very fun :D Good game everyone!
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  9. Certainly helped to have a map that was actually accurate... :rolleyes:
    Thanks for hosting! :D
    CarFryer, 607 and luckycordel like this.
  10. I input the rest of the moves, and made two mistakes. :p But I found them without too much trouble, and it all looks correct now! :)
    I'm still considering what fraction of a Club Point to give per move to the active players, as I want it to be significant but I'd rather not give away hundreds at once. :p
    4thOfJurhy and luckycordel like this.
  11. Alright, I'll go for the greater fraction anyway, at least for this game. :)
    I'm also making some updates to the visualiser now, as there's some stuff it's not showing yet but maybe should, and doesn't seem too hard to implement.
    willies952002, LordKopecz and CDuck1D all played too few moves to be included for the CP giveaway.
    belac, CarFryer, Rhythmically and luckycordel all receive 31 CP. :) Please don't all use it all at once. ;)
    To my surprise, Car wasn't in the dataset yet! What an entrance though, straight into the top 25. ;) This finally brings Rhy at first place, after a while of actively gaining CP, and it brings lucky at 99 CP... one more and you can request a composition if you want. :)
    4thOfJurhy, CarFryer and luckycordel like this.
  12. I just realised I don't know how to pronounce belac's name. :p I'm ready to record, but am not sure if it will happen today, as there's not a whole lot of time left in the day, and I am not feeling very energetic. ;)
  13. I recorded it! I don't think it's great; I'm poor at commentary, but I wanted to do it and had said I would do it so I just tried to ignore my self-consciousness and go on. ;) (I did take two breaks to have a drink, but I'll cut those out :p)

Edit: Ugh, I knew audio didn't work properly on my laptop, but I didn't know the microphone is bugged as well. Sometimes the audio gets really soft for half a second or so. I hope you can still understand me. :)
  14. Here you go! :)
    Despite the audio issue, you should still be able to follow what I'm saying almost all of the time, I think. :)

I hope you find this interesting.
    CarFryer, luckycordel and 4thOfJurhy like this.
  15. Thanks! Can't wait for the next one!:D
    607, 4thOfJurhy and CarFryer like this.
  16. Well, your map was a heck of a lot more detailed than mine was. Now I know why you wanted the world border texture... :rolleyes:

Also, just for the memes, this is what it looked like before I completely redid the entire thing

Yeah, the east end was a bit funky

[EDIT] The reason I went west on my second to last turn was because my map wasn't up to date, and I thought there was still one space between me and the border. Turns out, there wasn't, but at least we found out the map's boundaries that way. :rolleyes:
    607, CarFryer and luckycordel like this.
  17. Here's what my map looked like :p Thanks again to 607 for hosting!

luckycordel, 607 and 4thOfJurhy like this.
  18. Did you not keep track of the players? O-o
    607 and CarFryer like this.
  19. I did, I just deleted that layer of the drawing since the game ended.
    607 likes this.
  20. Woow, that's beautiful! :D

I guess I should also share my map, then. ;)
    I had a copy of the map for each player, and then also a 'public' map, which only showed every tile that had been discovered so far.

Now I've just got to write this book, and this thread can finally end. ;)

But look forward to EMC Text Adventure - The Adventure Update! :)
    4thOfJurhy, CarFryer and luckycordel like this.