[Fixed] Resolve issues with the EMC domains!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by ShelLuser, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi gang,

I think there's a major issue with the EMC domains, specifically their registrant. I tried to connect to the server & forums (also to vote) and my DNS couldn't resolve the name anymore.

So I did a little DNS investigation and found the registrant and BuddyNS but yeah... I can get some info from accessing the BuddyNS DNS servers directly (this is how I got here: added the IP addresses to Windows' hosts file manually) but that's it.

And this isn't me. I just tried to vote in order to save my voting streak and that doesn't work. I can vote, it takes ages, and then doesn't find its way back to EMC, and I suspect those same DNS problems.

Houston, we got a problem!

UPDATE:

Further investigations tell me this is a major BuddyNS problem. empireminecraft.com is said to be hosted by:

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    <removed>

But c & d do not respond (timeout), h on the other end does work. But yeah, a DNS request won't continue trying other servers when a timeout occurs. Dunno why BuddyNS seems to think this way but that's not the way this thing works. And it would appear they don't got a legit fallback either.

So much for making DNS reliable & fast :confused:.

UPDATE2:

C (main DNS server) has become responsive again, D is still down. Even so: c is primary so this means things should be back to normal. Which seems to be the case because my vote just came through ;)
  2. Yeah. Voting is not necessarily going to work nicely right now
  3. If you can contact Aikar you might want to suggest that he starts yelling at BuddyNS :/
  4. Trying. He is sleeping unfortunately... But we are giving it our best effort
  5. I'll whip up a quick cronscript which checks every 15 / 30 min. or so, then you guys can get a solid indication of how long this mess went on. Might be useful if Aikar decides to file an official complaint.
    607 likes this.
  6. Thank you for the information you have provided. Sent a link to Aikar for him to see, since he didn't get woken up. lol
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.