Five Years, A Thought and a Thanks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SirLoneStar, Feb 20, 2017.

?

Have you and I met in-game yet?

Not yet, but I would like to! 4 vote(s) 26.7%
Not yet, but if it happens then okay 3 vote(s) 20.0%
Yes, I'm glad to say 8 vote(s) 53.3%
Yes, but no big deal 0 vote(s) 0.0%

1. My 1,825th day was yesterday. For those not good with numbers, that's five years. I made the comment in chat when I realized this that I should maybe have planned something. But, after a few hours to think about it, I decided I AM going to do something, though not something normally done. There will be no parties, contests, giveaways or the like. Not because there is anything wrong with those, but because I'd like to mark this even in a slightly more reflective and thankful way. With that said, I'll get right to it.

EMC has always been about community. The community has evolved and grown, and the server(s) now are so much different than what they used to be. I believe this to be a wonderful thing. There have been plenty of arguments about whether the changes were good or bad, but those subjective topics have no place in this thread. Growth is a good thing, from an objective standpoint. We can look at the playerbase to see that is happening. But, it wouldn't be without the innovation and hardwork of a group of people dedicated to maintenance and evolution of this place we all like to call home. So, I'm gonna be that guy who instead of parading contests to celebrate my commitment to this place, I will choose to say thank you.

Thank you to JustinGuy and IceCreamCow for all the early work put in to create EMC. Thank you to Aikar and Krysyy for the second generation of admins who have taken the original dream and toiled to make it what it now is. Thank you to all the senior staff who bounce around among all the pulls that a playerbase our size can demand of you. Thank you to all the moderators who step in to handle disagreements, immaturity, and trolls. Thank you to the stream team, contribution and build teams for all the creativity you give to keep our community in the know. There is no way to list you all by name, and I am sorry I am not good enough to be able to, for every single one of you deserves that recognition. This goes to all those who filled these positions past or present, and extends in perpetuity to those who come in the future to continue to answer the call.

Thank you to the friends I have made here, who show the quality of people that play here. People like Melk73, NickkG, crystaldragon13, Dektirok, OmarWrongChat, ShrinkingMatt, ToddV, Faithcaster, EvilToade, Sachrock, DrMadFate, Xenarchy and literally dozens of other people. You have all been so good to me, and to Lady, and usually to just about anyone. And that is one of my favorite things about the server. In fact, most of the regular players here are great people, so thanks extends not only to those whom I consider friends but to the majority of players en masse. Thank you for being supportive and kind to each other.

Thank you, lastly, to everyone who puts in so much hard work to make this place beautiful. There are so many beautiful and complex creations here and it is inspiring. This server has truly become a labor of love for so many talented people, and not just in the core game. I see people learning and experiencing new things regularly, and it is heartwarming. I wish everyone who reads this a great next year, many fortunes, and happiness abounding. Here's to the next five years!
  2. Congratulations on reaching 5 years!
    Equinox_Boss and LoneStarInc like this.
  3. Congrats on 5 years on the Empire, quite a nice accomplishment indeed! Onto the next 5 years :D
  4. Congratulations on 5 years of EMC! :D And, like Shell said, onto another 5! :D
  5. Thank you very much :D
  6. I know I'm late to the party but not everyone sees everything on the forums.

Congrats on five years. I really liked how you wanted to thank the ones who made the server what it is. For without them non of us would be apart of this great Empire.

Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Congrats my boy!!!
    AhsokaTower likes this.
  8. I didn't see this til now also, grats my friend, that ^ post was perfect. Thank *you*. :)
    Equinox_Boss and AhsokaTower like this.
  9. Congratulations on 5 years! :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I can't think of a better way to round off five years; congratulations on the milestone! I look forward to many days more seeing you around :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Your post says a lot about the community... but also you yourself. I feel lucky to have stumbled onto this server.

Congratulations on the big V.
  12. Thank you my boy!

This was exactly my intent and thinking. And no worries. Forums last; there's no rush. Thank you.
    Equinox_Boss and AhsokaTower like this.
  13. gg on 5 years :D