Fishing Tournament

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by luckycmusic45, Jan 19, 2015.

?

Who will be at the fishing tournament so I can make arrangements?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2015.
I will be definitely be there. 1 vote(s) 9.1%
Maybe 5 vote(s) 45.5%
I'm not going 5 vote(s) 45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ok thanks.
  2. Hey 607, are you still coming to my fishing tournament and giving out prizes still?
  3. Well, you caught my attention with this comment ;) I actually like fishing (looking at 4,5 stacks of raw fish, 2.5 stacks of raw salmon, 10 clownfish and nearly 1,5 stack of pufferfish). As to prices and such; meh, for me the event / experience counts more than the prices.

Of course, considering my luck (trying to figure out EST vs. EMC time... and what do you know; I'm stupid. EST is server time, it's 2:20 PM at the time of writing, I do have dinner almost ready but that'll work out.

SO; I'll make a new shiney fishing rod in a second, no enchants; got it. And you can almost certainly count on me for being there to participate!

Disclaimer: didn't read the whole thread yet. It's the weekend and then I tend to just speak my mind, sometimes a bit too hasty, it cannot be helped :)

I think you should go with what you think makes a nice price and don't let anyone else spoil the mood by talking negatively about it.

Meh; too many people ignore the fact that even a small price is still a nice freebie. More people ignore the fact that planning and organizing something also takes its sweet time and effort (the kind of effort which is more easily overlooked).

And most of all: it's all too easy to comment on stuff if you have never done anything like it yourself (which, once again in my very humble opinion obviously) is even more common.

But my suggestion? Now; I don't know what you sell in your shop because I don't think I've ever been there before (or I have by accident, I do sometimes use /v +shop) but then I simply don't remember the name. My suggestion anyway would be something which doesn't have to be expensive, but which can be considered a sort of "speciality" in your shop. Adds up to the contest because you also want your shop to get more into the picture (which by itself gives me a really nice idea, but I'll need to think about that).

Another suggestion, since this is a fishing contest, add a nice cool fishing rod to the price pool. You know; one with one (or more, but that might make it too expensive) nice enchantments.

Anyway; dinner is almost ready, I'll very most likely attend & participate!
    607 likes this.

4. Well, you now know one of you friends (or at least better known fellow players) who's going ;)

Ha, ha, we do have a few things in common indeed. But here's the thing; I don't even care about people being popular or not, I'll always make up my own mind about certain people. And what better way to meet & greet in events like these?

Anyway, would be fun to finally meet you in-game for a change ;) But there's always next time :cool:
    607 likes this.
  5. Hey ShelLuser, thank you for your comment. I appreciate it very much
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. And so I actually made it to the contest and what do you know... Won 3rd prize and got 10dia's and 10emmies!

Started out by checking out luckymusic's shop and obviously finding my way to the wrong pool :D I was wondering when I saw that pond how you'd get several people to fish in there, but alas. It turned out that we were going the other way to the pool 'behind' the shop.

Some rules changed, we were allowed to bring enchanted rods as well, but I eventually chose to buy one from lucky's shop, since well; seemed like a nice idea :)

We started out slowly, only luke1031 and myself, but later more people joined and soon it became quite a challenge to check to which lure the fish were swimming:

It seems Luckymusic went for a quick swim in the background as well....

But I can share that it was fun! Great idea luckymusic, if you ever hold another one of these contents then rest assured that I'll try to be there :)

Of course we may have discovered some dark secrets as well, because during our fishing endeavors some of us also caught tripwire hooks and bones. Makes one wonder what exactly lies at the bottom of this pool :eek: (sorry, couldn't resist! ;))

Eventually Luke1031 got in first place, Cameron19Shootz got 2nd and myself came in 3rd place (as mentioned earlier).

SO, what to do when the contest is over?

Well...

More fishing of course!

Thanks luckymusic for a very nice event! IMO it was a great success!
  7. Darn! I missed the event. :mad::(
  8. I couldn't come, it was too late for me. Next time, please say at what time EMC time the event will be, because I didn't know what CST meant :oops: