Favorite Soundtracks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by supereskimo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Linkin Park has some really good songs - this one is a soundtrack from Medal of Honor Warfighter, the music does not start for a little while in, but the song is great:
  2. penfoldex, mba2012 and HylianNinja like this.
  3. A common soundtrack technique is to use different instruments and genres for different characters and situations. Bleach pulls this off quite well, giving many groups of characters their own themes. Unfortunately, there are so many episodes in the series that some tracks are reused over and over again. That said, the soundtrack has many memorable additions, ranging from intense battle themes to melodramatic piano pieces.
    To be honest, I don't like Bleach nearly as much as I used to, but I still listen to the soundtrack sometimes for its own sake. So enjoy!

4. The LOTR soundtrack has always been my favorite soundtrack. I even listen to it sometimes when I read LOTR.
  5. Today we have Vince Guaraldi's score for The Peanuts. A Charlie Brown Christmas was not originally expected to be a success, but it was, and so Guaraldi went on to score many more Peanuts specials. One of the original songs, "Linus and Lucy", is best known as just "the Peanuts song".

607, HylianNinja and mba2012 like this.
  6. This is easily the most impressive NES soundtrack I've heard. It's pretty crazy to think this is entirely 8-bit. Plus, it's very prog rock style, if you're into that.
    607 and HylianNinja like this.
  7. More Zelda. This time, it's Twilight Princess for the Gamecube and Wii. Probably my favorite overworld theme out of the series.

penfoldex and HylianNinja like this.
  8. While most of the music in the Spongebob Squarepants soundtrack was not composed specifically for the show, it's hard to deny that the creators did an excellent job selecting music for it. With a mix of Hawaiin ukuleles, maritime accordians, and some more cinematic pieces, the soundtrack does a great job of bringing out the show's humor.

mba2012 likes this.
  9. Omg this makes me miss the sound on my Nintendo. Everytime I play mario I have to fill in the sounds with my memory from when the sounds worked. #feelingOld
    supereskimo and 607 like this.
  10. Oh my lanta, Butterflies and Hurricanes, this song is great.
    southpark347 likes this.
  11. Doesn't work coz video is blocked in United States. :c
    FDNY21 likes this.
  12. Try this one:
    southpark347 likes this.

13. :c Still doesn't work
  14. Silly songs :c
  15. I'm going to bump this because I feel like there's still a lot of good soundtracks to be shared. For some reason I never got any alerts from the last few posts, so I thought people had lost interest.
    I'm going to start putting things in spoilers to save space, but I encourage you to at least give each song a chance. As always, feel free to comment and share your own favorites :)

FLCL (or "Fooly Cooly") may only be 6 episodes long, but it's one of the craziest, hardest to follow animes you can find. Honestly I wouldn't even recommend it unless you're mature and can tolerate anime's many quirks (in which case I highly recommend it). But considering this, its soundtrack is pretty tame and enjoyable. The entire soundtrack is done by The Pillows, a Japanese alt rock band whose songs have a distinctive laid back, nostalgic sound.

We've all watched it, and we all recognize the melodies. Say what you want, but Looney Tunes helped introduce classical music to countless people. Almost everything that happens has an instrumental sound effect, and often entire scenes or episodes are coordinated around orchestral music. In short, the show would not have been the same without its music. While the soundtrack may not be original, its songs are very well-chosen.
    Note: You may not recognize the intro, but skip to 1:25 for the famous "factory theme"

607 and penfoldex like this.
  16. Not often can you cross western, jazz, and techno and get a decent result, but Cowboy Bebop does this surprisingly well with help from composer Yoko Kanno. Each episode in the series focuses on a different musical style, based on the plot, setting, and characters involved. This is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, and I've been waiting to do it for quite a while :)
    Also, thanks to Funimation, the series is free to watch on Youtube if you have an account (there are some adult themes). Personally, I'd recommend watching the English dub.
    If nothing else, you have to admit that the opening theme is pretty cool :p

I especially recommend Rush (3:30), Piano Black (30:15), What Planet is This (4:28:31), The Real Folk Blues (5:38:08), and Cats on Mars (1:07:07).

For those of you who don't like anime, I apologize for posting so much of it. But the high number of shows in the genre does produce lots of good soundtracks. Still, I'll try to keep things varied :) Tomorrow, I'll be doing some NES tracks.
  17. 8-bit music is somewhat of an acquired taste, but it's hard not to appreciate how composers could get around technical limitations to make memorable tracks. Here are just a few assorted tracks from the NES. Note that I can only embed 5 videos per post, so this doesn't necessarily mean I won't be posting more NES music in the future.

You may want to turn your volume down to start since the high pitch notes may sound loud on headphones.

Note: This one starts looping around 45 seconds.