Favorit thing about 1.13

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Nuttyknight42, Jul 18, 2018.

1. pretty sure Aikar mentioned addressing enraged water mobs once 1.13 was done.
  2. The Flattening
    Removal of the Block and Item ID Limits and More...

This is a huge accomplishment for Minecraft! The Update Aquatic and all updates going forward would have been impossible, if the Block ID limit of 256 wasn't lifted. Prior to 1.13, Mojang was more conservative with what new block types and block properties to add. Now they can freely add blocks and features that were previously unfeasible.

* More stairs, slabs, etc. blocks (confirmed for 1.14; stairs and slabs for all prismarine variants were added in 1.13).
    * Trapdoors for all wood types (added in 1.13).
    * Waterlogged blocks (added in 1.13).
    607 likes this.
  3. I loaded up a game before. I'm in the middle of the ocean. There's just a few blocks of sand and grass. I looked around and never before have I been so... daunted by the ocean in Minecraft. It looks deep, it is deep, almost scary, and so lively with the fish and the icebergs. I'm currently creating a railway tunnel completely encased in glass to the mainland, since the plan always was to make my base in the middle of the ocean in this world and the island gave me ample opportunity, and it's a wonderful sight to have something like this all around me. I've wanted fish and icebergs and underwater plants in the game since I started playing it eight years ago, and it's the first update since jungles were added that I've actually wanted to play.

So to answer your question: basically all of it?
    607 likes this.