Experimenting with max player increase on smp1

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think 60 slots is a huge step, and I love seeing many players hopping from server to server, involved in various projects Empire wide. The increased amount of lots for supporters certainly increased cross-server traffic too.
    Justin and EMC for the win :p
    Crazy1080 and JustinGuy like this.
  2. Actually, they generally ask for 100 slots so...
    Now we need 150 slots?
  3. Justin, if all goes well, how much longer (would you estimate) untill Smp.3 gets into this?
  4. Justin, if all goes well, how much longer (would you estimate) untill Smp.3 gets into this?
  5. I like the idea of a 60 player max, but I have been noticing lately that the servers haven't been full. If this causes lag, then you should keep it at 45 because it wouldn't matter, and supporters would still have the entry perk :)
    NurglesRott likes this.
  6. Justin, can you make all the servers have 60 player max limit? I always get on around 5:00 my time (after a few hours of breaks) and it's always full, and it takes me like 10 minutes of my time to get in. Thanks :D
  7. Same here :D I hope we can get it on all of the servers.
  8. i cant wait till this and all the other updates are put in!
  9. Justin, you ever get the feeling that we just will not be satiated? Anyone remember that book "If you give a mouse a cookie?" hahaha.

No but seriously... keep em comin' my good man.
  10. um so the 60 slots dose not work.
    every time i dig the block disapears the reapears then its gone.

the server was better at 45
    like this if u agree
  11. Please stop begging for likes. If someone chooses to "like" something, they will click it on their own... Asking for people to do so will have the direct opposite effect on people's decision making...
    MR2R2M and tjboy11 like this.
  12. That's a great thing...I CANT WAIT FOR IT AT smp2...but im having problems logging in on SMP2...i have the right address (ive been on recently),but my computer doesnt connect for some reason...
  13. Don't like this. Or the terrorists win... again.
  14. you should put the number down again. im trying to build a elevator but it wont work due to lags
  15. Sorry Piston elevators that rely on incredibly fast action prob won't work the best on popular multi-player servers.

This may sound ghetto, but here is an idea:

Place your res spawn point at the top of the elevator shaft and place a nether portal at the bottom that leads back to your own res (http://empireminecraft.com/guide/residence).
    MR2R2M likes this.
  16. "This may sound ghetto" lol
  17. Very ghetto. Lol. I'll take a slow elevator over a teleport system anyday.
  18. I am locking this thread because the experiment is over and we are now running 60 players on all servers :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.