[EVENT] Tree Choppers

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Aug 31, 2015.

1. I feel that this is an appropriate place to post this because this is the thread of the event Seffy hosted mainly - and, of course, this post will be centered on her recent step down as a member of EMC's staff team. Not that I have a problem with her doing so, but I want to tell her what a good job she had to have done... and how she inspired me.

I didn't really have any interaction with Seffy until early 2016, which was when I got more involved with EMC's forums and events and the like. I got more interested in the community and went to Tuesday Tree Choppers whenever I could. I also saw Seffy around SMP8's town chat often, and whenever I did interact with Seffy, she was always kind and made the player feel like they were of the most importance at that moment. She actively encouraged chat and tried to get involved with the players online. I think these are some really important qualities for a staff member, and she embodies it. She really does.

For whatever reason she has stepped down - work got too busy in real life, she felt she couldn't put forth the effort anymore, whatever that may be - she certainly was a fantastic staff member and is still a kind and great player to get along with. I hope simply because her name isn't green anymore that less players will engage with her. Because she is fun to simply talk to. I can't count how many times she's simply begun to chat in town and soon, anyone who could currently chat in town was throwing in their two cents. At Tuesday Tree Choppers, she is just simply delightful at inspiring players to be nice and have fun, even if the arguments can sometimes get very unruly and childish.

As far as inspiring me goes, the aforementioned qualities Seffy showed really made me think about what it means to be a staff member and to engage in the community. This is probably something that influenced me majorly when I realized I wanted to get more involved in EMC's community, and when I eventually applied for staff.

So, a happy new year to you Seffy - and I hope all goes well for you! :D
    JohnKid, Tbird1128, 607 and 4 others like this.
  2. Seffina :(
    nltimv likes this.
  3. Today is Tuesday... And I am still waiting...
  4. I hope at one point I wont have work and I can make your event nltimv ;)
    nltimv likes this.
  5. It's 24 hours long, so you can come whenever you want :)