[EVENT] Sudden Death (to the Dragon!)

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Slvr, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Join me as I venture back to my homeland of the End to confront the beast that so enslaves my people... The Dragoness herself!

Hosted By: Slvr
    Starts at 12PM EMC Time, Sunday, October 14th
    (noon for those of you who get confused on AM/PM)
    Located at /wild c on SMP8.

Who: Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us in the stabbing of dragons!
    What: Bring your best tools, but nothing you aren't afraid of losing. The Dragon may decide to simply fling you off the island, or you may get trapped inside an obsidian pillar when it so lovingly regenerates. Be prepared, tools will not be provided! Bring glass/glass bottles to get dragon's breath! Also, bring end crystals if you want - I am only bringing a stack, and while that means 16 dragons, you'll need to bring some of your own if you want to fight more! :p
    Don't bring anything you aren't afraid to lose. You are MOST LIKELY going to die at some point.
    When: 12PM EMC time (afternoon) Sunday, October 14th

Where: /wild c on SMP8. I'll lead you to the End Portal from there if you don't already know the way.
    #SlvrGriefedTheBonemeal
    Why: For fun! We're gonna stab dragons! Lots and lots of dragons!!

Note: I am NOT going to be dictating who gets what dragon head, nether star, etc. Whoever gets it, gets it. You may offer to buy it from whoever picked it up, or otherwise try to negotiate with them, but please try to keep it private and don't fight. We're here to have fun!

Discord?
    I'm going to try very hard to join in Discord! Keep an eye out for me! :p
  2. Who's coming?! :D
    (poorly disguised bump is poorly disguised)
    Tuqueque and Sazukemono like this.
  3. I think I will. It sounds really fun. In a little less than 6 hours.
  4. me :)
    Slvr likes this.
  5. I'll try to make it :)
    Slvr likes this.
  6. Awesome, have fun! I'll try to come out for this :D

A few useful tips:
    • Bring glass bottles. LOTS of glass bottles. A DC of glass bottles. Collect dragon's breath with them :)
    • There is a bed and ender chest already out there, and a small amount of food in a little farm.
    • Bring ender pearls if you aren't bringing wings/rockets. The arena is built so you can easily pearl to the tops of the obsidian pillars if you don't have wings.
    • Bring a stack of junk blocks such as dirt. They'll help you get the dragon head.
    • There is no safe place to AFK at the dragon arena. You are better off disconnecting if you need to step away from your computer. The dragon will fly through blocks to get at you. The dragon will fly underground to get at you. About the best you can do is run back to the locker rooms and stick yourself in a corner looking down. Even that is not guaranteed to protect you. So don't AFK, just disconnect.
    • Please do not place any auto-protected blocks in the arena. This includes the iron bars that you break to get to the protected "caged" health beacons. Use /trash or keep them.
    • Please clean up after yourself. PWU wants you to enjoy the builds, but we're not your maids ;)
    How to use a cart-o-vator:
    • With an empty hand or food in your hand (not with tools or weapons in your hand), look up and hold down right click. Shift and jump to hop out at the top.
    I'll try to come out early and get the cart-o-vator repaired. A recent report from Sadie indicated it had been broken again.

PWU PSA:
    • You decide you love the Arena, and want a house out there. Great! A minimum of 100 blocks away from the build. Anything within 100 blocks and PWU will remove it. This is true for all PWU builds. Find the edge, count 100 blocks away from any PWU build on the X or Z axis, and do whatever you want.
    Sazukemono, 586, Slvr and 2 others like this.
  7. Hahaha... Slvr forgot to put Sunday in the OP. This is what happens when you make forum threads at midnight. >.> but yes the event is on Sunday at noon.

And thanks for the tips khixan! :D
    586 and khixan like this.
  8. Sounds fun! Won’t be able to make it thou... was AWESOME!!!! :) :cool: :aikar: :p :D
    Slvr likes this.
  9. heh, and here I was about to rush out to fix the cart-o-vator! SUNDAY, got it. Thanks Slvr!
    586, Tuqueque and Slvr like this.
  10. Poor khixan, giving her a heart attack. <3
    586, Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  11. meh then i cmi
  12. I haven't been to smp8 End in a long time. I use to go and farm ender pearls but there was another player at the time who seemed to always be farming. So I stopped going to farm there... If I'm able I will try to be there for the slaying.
    khixan and Slvr like this.
  13. I love the return of the dragon murder events for I which will attend :)
    khixan and Slvr like this.
  14. The dragon will have no chance! >=D
    khixan and SkeleTin007 like this.
  15. Ok, now I'll rush out to fix the cart-o-vator. I need more coffee.
  16. *...sips my own coffee*
    khixan likes this.
  17. papa john
    RestNPineapple likes this.
  18. Your signature guy looks like a faceless version of the neighbor from Hello Neighbor.

Anyway, I had so much fun hosting this guys! If you're interested in seeing it again in the future, let me know! Also, post what times/days you're usually available that way I can better find a date and time for it! i want everyone to get a chance at a dragon stabbing party. :D
    khixan, SkeleTin007, 607 and 4 others like this.
  19. xD
    i wish i couldv come, but i was busying doing nothing
    Slvr likes this.
  20. This event was awesome, and I definately want these events more often.
    These are some pictures I took nearing the end of the event :)