[EVENT] Miss Z's Storage Wars

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Zomberina, Jan 27, 2022.

1. THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED.

I misunderstood that the forum auction rules also applies to in-game auction events too. So, while I could still do this, I would have to reveal every item in each storage unit. This defeats the purpose of Storage Wars unfortunately, so will not be holding the event.

Sorry guys!
    When: Feb 5th
    Time: 7pm CST (8 pm EMC time I think)
    What: Miss Z's Storage Wars Auction Event
    Where: My Storage Warehouse on SMP3 @ 6147
    If you aren't familiar with the show Storage Wars, you may not understand this event, but here is what's happening:

At 7pm CST (8 pm EMC time I think), preview will be open for participants. There will be 8 stalls up for auction.

Everything inside each numbered stall is yours should you win minus the room's walls, floors and door. So, if you see grind stones, blast furnaces, chests, etc. in the room in item frames, for example, those are yours plus the different "lockers" and chests of stuff in it. You won't be able to see everything you're getting. That's part of the appeal, but no stall is filled with joke prizes.

There will be potential of winning multiple promos, vouchers, and more, in each stall. With that said, I cannot guarantee the value of your stall versus what you bid (competition can drive cost higher than value...it's an auction after all).

Preview ends promptly at 7:15 pm CST and bidding will begin.

Rules for bidding:

• You must be in person at the event when bidding.
    • You must make your bids in writing on the /cr channel.
    • DO NOT BID UNTIL I SAY "START BIDDING"
    • You must pay immediately to zomberina when you win.
    • You will receive access to your stall once the event is over.
    • Teaming on bidding is permitted. (Pooling rupees together to afford a stall. It's on your group how you split everything.)
    • I am the only person running the auction so there are no shills.
    • You cannot "joke" bid. Doing so will disqualify your bid and eject you from my res till the event is over.
    Any questions? Ask below!
  2. Brilliant idea!!! Sounds like fun :D
    Raaynn and Zomberina like this.
  3. It is. I used to host this event on a different game. Loads of fun really
    If it goes well, I'll let others put stalls in the next time, but I'll still run it.
  4. Sounds fun I'll do my best to attend.

Shill? I learned a new word today.
    Zomberina likes this.
  5. EDITED TO NOTE THAT THERE MUST BE AT LEAST 5 PLAYERS PARTICIPATING TO HOLD THE EVENT.
  6. Hoping to attend. Sounds pretty interesting.
  7. Can I attend but not participate? I want to watch.
  8. Anyone can attend and participate :) It's a good time for all involved
    SteamingFire likes this.
  9. Bummer that you can't do the event.
    Kryarias likes this.
  10. Sounds like it can be possible in the future. Just have staff preview everything before hand to validate it's not all junk. But from what I understood from the other convo is they want to reword the rules page and implement this possibility first.
  11. No, Chickeneer recognized there wasn't a publicly noticed rule that blind sales of any kind are prohibited and will rectify that. As far as the conditions of storage wars, that won't ever happen probly. It's okay, I just rather not bother with the event without the mystery to it. No biggie. Others can hold regular auctions though and I'm sure it'll be fun.
    Dreacon78 and Kryarias like this.
  12. Hey, it was definitely a novel idea! It's sad that we have to have the rules in place that we do because of a few bad apples. But, that is a sad truth. Keep coming up with ideas, you have lots of good ones!
    Zomberina likes this.
  13. Oh I've got one :) Building the venue now :) Going to launch in a few weeks.
  14. Zomberina definitely comes up with some pretty interesting and cool ideas.

That they can gather a ton of stuff.