[Event] Minigames Galore Tournament

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by SteamingFire, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Hello and welcome to EMC's one and only
    Minigames Galore!
    We will be hosting a tournament this Saturday, September 25th, at 7pm ET for all to join! Come if you want to participate or spectate; we welcome you all!

smp8 /v +mg
    Bring nothing. All items provided.

Games this weekend:
    Speedy Spleef

You must use the unenchanted iron shovels provided. Everyone enters the glass cage via the entrances at the corners of the glass cage. Once everyone is in, I will say "Ready, set, GO!" to indicate the start of each round. Dig the dirt underneath others' feet so that they fall! Last man standing wins 1000r. Second to last man standing wins 500r. After each round, use the dirt provided to reset the spleef floor; use the acacia doors to enter so you don't fall. 4 rounds total.

Capture the Flag

The arena is made of ice.
    When running around outside of your spawn area, you must be in a boat. If your boat is destroyed, you must return to your team's spawn area to "respawn". You may not leave your boat while outside of the spawn area. The exceptions are when you need to stand on the raised blocks around the flags to either pick up the flag or plant it if you can't reach from your boat, or when you've been shot and are respawning.
    There are two archer towers for each team, those platforms with the ladders. Archers can shoot at boats to destroy them. Archers can only shoot while on their own team's archer towers; bows and arrows must remain in the chests on the towers when not in use. Archers may only shoot at enemy boats that are in their own team's territory. Archers must use the bows and arrows provided in the chests on the towers. Only Archers are allowed to destroy boats.
    There are two ways to win. 1) Steal your enemy's flag and plant it in your own territory on the colored wool block. 2) Steal the three head-items from the three enemy's chests and display them on your own team's armor stands. There is a timer of 10 minutes per round, 3 rounds total. If time runs out, the team with the most captured head-items wins. If both teams have either no head-items or the same amount of head-items on the armor stands when time runs out, then there is a tie and everyone wins 2k. Otherwise, the winning team wins 3k per teammate and the losing team gets 1k per teammate.
    When stealing the head-items, only one head-item can be in your inventory at a time. You must steal all three separately, or have three people steal them at the same time, etc. You may not move your own head-items or flag; they must remain in their chests and on their wool.
    If your boat is shot while you are holding a flag or head, you must put the head or flag back to their starting spots before respawning.
    Everyone must wear a full set of the dyed leather armor that corresponds to their team, red or green. You may not switch teams in the middle of a round. All dyed leather armor, boats, bows, arrows, flags, and head-items are provided. Please do not use any items from outside of the arena.
    If you want, you may form a group with your teammates and talk in group chat to strategize.
    May the best team win!
    Note: Clouds roll in at this Y level, so you may want to turn off your clouds in Settings.

Guess My Picture

Time limit: 15 minutes total, as many pictures as we can draw during that time.
    I will not give you any hints about the picture; I will simply draw (build) it.
    Any time, anyone can guess what the picture is as many times as they want. The first person to guess it correctly gets 1000r.
    Guesses must be in English. They do not have to be spelled correctly, but they do need to be understandable. If I do not understand what it is that you're trying to say immediately, then it will not count!

This event will probably take about one hour.
    Please read the rules (in spoilers above) for each game before the event starts.
    At the end, everyone present will be entered into a raffle to win a random promo/special item that I'll happen to have on hand at the time :p
    UltiPig and thommylicious like this.
  2. Sounds fun!
    UltiPig likes this.
  3. See you there tomorrow!
  4. It's todaaaaaaay!
  5. Starting now!
  6. 4 people showed up and we made the most of it :3