[event] Friday Night Miners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by samsimx, Jun 24, 2014.

1. This is a staff event and is on the regular calendar so the announcement is already approved. We can start with the tunnel but these outings take on a life of their own. I try to go with the flow rather than dictate direction. The best events have been when I stand back and offer support for whatever people like. Knowing in advance where we will be allows me to fill the vault with 'helpful' tools.
  2. I just made the tunnel so we could get far out easily. I am also going to place a nether portal at the end. If people want to use it I will be glad. They can also branch off to the sides. I am going to set up chests at the end behind the nether portal so people can easily store if they want to while mining.
  3. Awesome! I will try to be at this fridays mining event! :)
    just_five_fun likes this.
  4. Yep the tunnel is just to get away from the outpost. Where we go after that is pretty much open.
    just_five_fun likes this.
  5. So wait its nsot on wensdays right? Because if its on wensdays I can no longer come :(
  6. Nope it's tonight, in a few hours.
  7. It is now both nights and is run by staff if they are available. If no staff are available and players want to help out then they can, but we want to make sure all rules are followed.
    I need to add it back to the Calendar for Fridays.
  8. ALRIGHT BOOOIS

TUNNELS DONE

LETS GET MINING

WHAT?

YOU WANT PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN? HAPPY TO OBLIGE

http://imgur.com/a/IKUdN

OH SO YOU WANNA KNOW HOW TO GET THERE? BOOM

BRING A HORSE IT'S A LONG TRIP THROUGH THE TUNNEL
  9. Looks like a great place to meet up. Everyone is welcome with or without supplies.

I'm checking it out now, but may need to break a couple times during the event.
  10. I just realized the issue of the practicality of getting the horse down to the tunnel.
  11. /stable store
    /stable summon 1
    cost 100 r well worth it
  12. So I just went to check out the tunnel.... People exposed the tunnel, took my horses leash, placed holes in the pathway, stole my Lapis blocks I have put as decoration, stole some furnaces, and stole a few chests. Really guys? Can't say I'm pleased
  13. The tunnel was exposed by staff to open the mining night. The lapis was already gone within hours of the end of the mining. (I went to eat dinner and logged in again and it was gone.) I took my enchanting table and bookshelves back with me. The last friday mining event I attended, everything got looted at the end as well.

I'm also kind of disappointed in the return (no reports, no quartz, not a single visit to the link I set up) but at least I didn't risk much. I know that sponsoring an event like this in the future is a waste of time and money. At least the tunnel will still work, and I can probably hire miners separately, though the end of the tunnel has limited quartz now, and nearly everyone knows about the tunnel so I expect it will be regularly looted and pillaged, which is a shame I can't keep an enchanting table and some facilities there for my miners but there's very little I can do about that. This is not to complain about the staff. I think it's just Minecraft in general with volumes of people, especially on weekends. Very sad and desperate the person who will steal an empty chest, it's hardly worth the time to take.

The most valuable thing I gained is probably our working relationship, and you're a very dependable and trust able hard worker to finish what you say you will. That's worth more than 30k to me. I can keep you well employed for sure if you are interested in continuing to work together.
  14. Sorry I wasn't able to attend. I got sick and spent the weekend in bed. Maybe next time.
  15. Tip for next time you see something not made by you unless its like a strip mine you are runnin through but any none ore/stone blocks that arent a road dont BREAK IT OR STEAL IT:) Also saves some possible banning...
  16. They wont even read the rules, they're certainly not going to read this thread.
  17. :D fun stuff there 2014-12-19_19.56.39.png
  18. I am attending for the first time tonight :eek: I wonder what will happen?
  19. I went, and I must say it was a terrible experience for me.
    It took me around three to five minutes for someone to respond with what outpost we were at after I had lost my stuff, which resulted in me losing a fortune pick along with some other enchantments on it.
    I don't think I will be going again.
  20. There might be night miner's meeting tonight. If there is, I won't be there for sure.
    I am going to try to come the Friday after Christmas.
    Also, Merry Christmas!