[EVENT] EMC New Years Eve Ball Drop!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Thanks for the great items dropped it was sure worth the wait :)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
    Sealeon likes this.

3. Here's a picture of my haul. Thanks for the fun event!
    UltiPig likes this.
  4. HUGE congrats to returning staff member XxvexenXx!!
    Kytula likes this.
  5. Great time again everyone! Love this place :D
    Kytula, Jadzz, UltiPig and 2 others like this.
  6. Does anyone think they could give me a short summary of the event and some notable things dropped? :D

Happy New Year!
  7. (Aikar reciting these as I type)
    64 Remote Shop Signs
    128 Aikar 2017 Signature Books
    128 Aikar 2017 Heads
    8 Meteor Bows
    8 Cupid Bows
    8 DDTTs
    4 Derelict Vouchers
    4 Of Each Supporter Type
    64 Vault Vouchers
    64 Stable Vouchers
    32 Avalaunchers
    ~128 Spooky Eggs
    64 Labor Benches (2016)

and more...
  8. We all started by gathering at Utopia's town spawn, sitting on a large set of purpur bleachers. As soon as Krysyy turned the lights out on Utopia at 11:30PM, an epic drop party began - 2017 Aikar Heads, 2017 New Year Aikar-signed books, 2016 labor benches, avalaunchers, stable and vault vouchers, and other items were dropped. At 11:55PM, we all gathered at the bleachers again to witness the multicolored ball drop, and after that, more drop party ensued! Remote Shop Signs were dropped during this, as well as various other items.

It was also revealed during the event the LittleRobotSeffy has stepped down as a moderator and that xXvexenXx was promoted to moderator status again (and has been a staff member in the past).

Hope to get some screenshots here soon!
    EDIT: Ninja'd. Krysyy has complete list, lol. :p
    TomvanWijnen, Kytula, UltiPig and 2 others like this.
  9. Whoo! Thank you both, extremely useful :D

Hope everyone has an amazing year :)
    Slvr and UltiPig like this.
  10. I always seem to miss this event. lol
  11. What are these remote shop signs everyone is on about?
  12. Thanks for the permanent derelict voucher!
    frostyminerpete likes this.
  13. I know I always say this, but couldn't there be some compromise next year so people in EU time zones don't have to be awake at 5 Am? Like two parties, one at 7PM EMC time and then another at midnight EMC time like you had here?
    BenMA likes this.
  14. But being awake at 5am is so much more fun

I only got 5 hours of sleep but im good .-.
  15. I'm very eager to learn more about those 'Remote Shop Signs'. Does anyone have more insight on these?
  16. Was unable to attend as real life doesn't want me to ever have chance at a dropped Aikar head. lol
  17. It was super fun!! Before the after party was quite over my parents told me to sleep. Eh. But I got 4 aicar books a spooky egg and a remote support sign ahhhh!
  18. bloodra1n likes this.
  19. Did anyone else notice the moon when night hit Utopia? XD It was a good new thing to start of 2g17 ;)
    slash14459 likes this.
  20. We are celebrating EMC's midnight. This is one of the events that has a set time, because we are celebrating the turning of a year at that specific time. Yes, we do have players from all over the world, and we understand that and work with it for other events. However, the ball drop is not this case. I know some players in EU and AUS time that set alarms and got online for it last night, because they understand this concept that we were celebrating EMC midnight, not anyone else's.
    Jadzz likes this.