End portal abuse iron farm

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Extendingskys, May 11, 2020.

1. Hi all!
    I've been somewhat inactive for a bit due to some IRL craziness, but I'm looking to come back and attempt to break the iron economy once and for all. I am going to attempt to build this iron farm:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jbVcRTC0Gc
    It uses chunk unloading and loading to rapid-fire spawn iron golems.
    So, what am I posting about it for? Cmon sky, just go build it and give us all millions of free iron!
    Well, there are some issues with it that I know I'll have to work around. For one, minecarts don't go through portals on EMC, but I have a good idea on how to get around that. What I want to know is if anyone has already attempted to build this farm, and run into any problems? Or does anyone have any other thoughts on issues with this? EMC tends to have a lot of random undocumented changes and it's easy to forget about them.
    Otherwise I hope to be able to announce a public iron farm with millions of free iron for the taking!

Edit: It has occured to me that I can't transport the pillagers I need through the end portal, meaning I have to spawn them in the end with a little village setup. Not hard though.
  2. Most of these ludicrous iron farms are super gimmicky and don't work on EMC, but this one actually seems like it might be doable. I would check to make sure the bedrock breaking works before you build it, but I'm sure there are ways around it if it doesn't.
    607, jacob5089 and Eviltoade like this.
  3. I've broken quite a bit of bedrock on EMC already, although pre-1.15. I'm pretty sure the methods that I use werent changed in the update because they've been around for quite a while.
  4. At the end of the video it mentions taking damage over time (going in out of portal) and how to prevent taking said damage. That method of moving destroying bedrock does not work on emc, and if it does it probably shouldn't be allowed. The only other issue I see with the build is that you would be utilizing/blocking a portal, which is also not allowed, however, staff may allow given that there are multiple ways to get to the outer rings of the end.

*edit - I did not know you have been breaking bedrock for some time lol
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. Breaking bedrock which is meant to be impenetrable through what means? I am aware of at least one method that is reported as a bug to Mojang, acknowledged as an exploit and being fixed, therefore not allowed to be used on EMC. If any glitchy behavior is exploited to create this farm, you can consider it disallowed on EMC.
    607 likes this.
  6. Nope. I messaged Aikar about this today. Hard no on it despite the fact that it's a really harmless bug.
    607 likes this.
  7. The method that I used I reported to the devs a while ago in great detail and it was never removed so I'm going to consider it intended. It's also been in the game for a long time (like 4 years or something?) so I don't think mojang has an issue either. Although the bedrock removal I don't think is essential because you can force the player into crouch and then push them through the 1 block space, so this is not a critical feature.
    Thank you all for the feedback though, this is good. I want to make sure as many people and their knowledge can look at this before I jump into it so I don't wind up stuck halfway due to something I forgot/didn't know about.
    Sprhyngtime likes this.
  8. Please build your farm to require the crouching and we'll be good from my end. Mojang doesn't fix a lot of stuff, but they are still exploits.
  9. "...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
  10. Fair enough, I will do the crouch way. Maybe remind aikar to remove the bedrock breaking because it also works on grief protected blocks ;) Oh and also, the portal won't be obstructed by the farm. Making sure normal usage is still possible is pretty easy.
    607, Eviltoade and Temperhyture like this.
  11. Based on the mechanics of this farm abusing chunk unloading and loading - this is a hard no.
    This farm will not be allowed in any fashion. We're having bad enough TPS issues, we don't need a lag creating monster like this....
    607, TuckerAmbr, ThaKloned and 6 others like this.
  12. Damn. Time to come up with a new economy breaking idea.
    Sprhyngtime likes this.