Enable raids in the wild

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Vortixin, Jan 27, 2023.

?

Raids in the wild?

Yes 8 vote(s) 57.1%
No 6 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. We should enable raids in the wild. The reason stated in the wiki is that there are probably no naturally generated villages left. But that doesn't mean we the players haven't made them. I have villager farms and trading setups that are technically considered villages by the game. Plus removing raids that is a big feature in the game now days as a challenge taking that away affects the somewhat vannilla aspect from the server.
  2. I have a few naturally spawned villages in my part of the Wild so there are still plenty to be found.
    I wouldn't want raids because my villagers would be killed unless I spent the time defending them. There are plenty of raids in the Waste.
    We3_MPO and LunarEndergirl like this.
  3. Feel like keeping raid farms unavailable outside of waste, makes it so that economy doesn't crash even more with raid farm rates...
    We3_MPO and KatydidBuild like this.
  4. We already have farms for everything and economy is already wierd we shouldn’t restrict a feature like this. We are supposed to be mostly vanilla
    UltiPig likes this.
  5. Yes the waste but I would like to make farms and stuff with them in the wild were my complicated farm won’t disappear unless I want it to
  6. Is there any way to make a raid setting to if you want it or not?
    Pab10S likes this.
  7. Nope
    We3_MPO likes this.
  8. Same for me, I know two locations of naturally spawned villages near my wild area. So they are out there.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. since raids are destructive to the villagers and in some cases to the landscape it'd be a -1 from me.
    KatydidBuild and We3_MPO like this.
  10. I think this should be a player setting. It could just enable or disable a person from getting the Bad Omen effect.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. Great idea this would solve most of the issues other players have expressed
  12. -1 in red underlined. There actually are naturally-generated villages in the frontier; many exist in the MPO alone, some of which still have actual villagers. Granted, I'm prepared to defend them anyways, given the threat of zombies, but someone killing a patrol captain then riding through the village/town/city center or walking into the mall could cause a lot of trouble. Same with iron farms. We already have patrols and pillager outposts in the wastelands and villages there too.

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot that ravagers can destroy crops and leaves. So this is a bad idea in the frontier.
  13. I agree that destruction can be caused but we can ask to have that disabled? Like no block break but still have the raid also I’m pretty sure raids can be controlled just like miniboss spawn and such through /ps if you don’t want to have your village destroyed toggle raid off. Heck they can be off by default and that would settle everyone’s main worry.
    We3_MPO likes this.